NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Portland area....

Just wanted to thank everyone for their suggestions. My trip to Portland was a stopover enroute to Oahu. I had my wife,daughter and MIL with me.
We landed and rode the shuttle to La Quinta hotel. The staff there confirmed a lot of your suggestions. We ended up going downtown to the food pod on Adler by way of the train. The train ride was adventuresome. Most of the people on the train were hard working people. They would hear our accent and ask where we were from. We chatted with several people who gave us suggestions of things to see and do. We did get to watch two crack heads fight in the open doorway of our train at one stop. They missed the train. My wife was happy about that.
The food at the pods was fantastic. There was 40-50 to choose from. After eating a late lunch we walked down to the river front. There was some type of festival about to kick off but we had a early wake up flight. So enroute back to the hotel by train my daughter tried to get a reservation for Saltys but was unable. Everyone bragged up Saltys.
We are on central time so we ended up walking to a local restaurant near our hotel later for a late snack.
We did see enough to bring us back sometime to go see the mountains and the big lake outside of town.
Overall a unique one day adventure to Portland.
627B43FB-9059-4165-892B-AF40754849BF.jpg

Glad it was a memorable visit and there was a bit of excitement yet no physical altercations for you and your family. Looks like you hit some blue skies on your layover. Should have bought a lottery ticket with that much luck going for you!

How was the rest of the trip?

We spent 9 days on Oahu. Surf was great! We did a lot of hiking, helicopter ride over the island, got in a shark cage, visited the island lighthouses, ate at some fantastic restaurants,went to Pearl Harbor, climbed up to the top of Diamondhead and we swam a lot. My daughter and I would be dropped off early in the morning and we hiked a lot of trails and later my wife would pick us up where the trail crossed a road.
Really good trip.
While in Hawaii I got drawn for a mz elk tag and a 2nd season mule deer rifle tag. Best part was when I got the emails my family was as happy as I was.
Very blessed!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back