portland Oregon area vacation options?

Booked Mcmenamins in McMinnvilee forst 2 nights. Cool looking old hotel.

That’s right in the heart of wine country. Stayed there wife the wife before I moved to Montana. They have a rooftop restaurant that’s pretty good , do the do the scavenger hunt you’ll get a free T-shirt throughout the hotel there’s pictures all over the wall and you have to find the certain pictures hidden throughout the hotel to solve the puzzle of the UFO , just ask the front desk

64213061715__8EC98877-7E07-4822-B6BA-620224CAD9CD.jpeg64212877194__930263F5-1544-476C-8EF3-79E31CDD869A.jpegIMG_6090.jpeg

The town of Carlton, Oregon is like 15-20 minutes away from ther

I would also recommend the Wildwood café for breakfast. It’s like five minutes from the hotel. They serve a pretty good down home plate.

And then after dinner if you want to get really fat walk across the street I think it’s almost across the street from the hotel within a block to SERENDIPITY’S ice cream get a big fat sugar cone. There’s probably gonna be a line that place is super super popular.

If you want to have dinner on the rooftop restaurant since you’re going to be there during summer peak vacation hours I’d make a reservation good week in advance so that way you can have dinner at Sunset on the roof if you want, it could be anywhere from 80 to 100° in August

We also have friends with a place in Manzanita so may do a night or two there.

Looking as far south as Waldport so far for a couple nights after McMinnville. Always fun researching—kinda same as planning for a good tag drawn, minus the license to kill, ask folks for insights, learn it, choose, then go.

It's be a long time since I spend time in P-town, but I can't completely fault a city when it has this many breweries.

I always like Hair of the Dog (but probably isn't "cool" anymore).

Unfortunately, one of the coolest places in OR has been altered beyond recognition: https://www.opb.org/article/2021/09/02/oregon-field-guide-opal-creek-after-beachie-creek-fire/
I'd never seen more GIANT dougfirs than in the Opal Creek wilderness, with THE most idilic creek.