Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Podcast #12 - Q & A

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
I'll be interested to see what people think of the format of this podcast episode. I had accumulated a lot of email questions and all of you had left a lot of questions on the Hunt Talk threads. So, I decided to take about eight questions and pick some I thought were helpful to the discussion and answer them. Just me, no guest.

Here are the links:

Hope you like it.

Also, to Randy's last point about losing wedding rings:

I have been married for four years and lost two. One of which is somewhere in the Clark Fork on its way to the Pacific. I have paid dearly. For the last two years my wedding ring has been a bit too tight and never comes off.

It has been good for both my health and finances.

I enjoyed the podcast, as always. Thank you. As to the question about the NRA and land access, I really think they are two unique issues and I can see why the NRA publishes no obvious position. While there is a connection between sportsman, firearms and land, I do not see the efforts of the NRA in any way related to land. It would only cloud their efforts to be making position statements on issues outside their direct focus which is firearms, training and currently 2nd amendment rights.

Organizations such as National Shooting Sports Foundation, RMEF, Ducks Unlimited, Boone and Crockett, etc. have a direct connection to hunting, regardless of weapon, and should be involved in the land issue. Just my opinion...

Also, to Randy's last point about losing wedding rings:

I have been married for four years and lost two. One of which is somewhere in the Clark Fork on its way to the Pacific. I have paid dearly. For the last two years my wedding ring has been a bit too tight and never comes off.

It has been good for both my health and finances.

The weirdest thing is that right when that came through on my headphones I was picking up my target at the range and my ring was starting slip off. That could have been a $1500 trip to the gun range! :)

http://www.outdoorlife.com/articles...-earned-2016-outdoor-life-open-country-awards

http://www.americanhunter.org/articles/2014/12/30/nra-staff-spotlight-susan-recce/

The NRA appears to be in the game and gives lip service to sportsmen, they just do a terrible job of representing our interests when it come to hunting, fishing, and public lands.

Maybe somebody in the know can fill me in on what this NRA staff person has done to deserve an "Open Country" award of any sort. :confused:

*sorry for the hi-jack, haven't listened to episode 12 yet...

Like always, I enjoyed the podcast. Probably more than most.
IIRC, one of the first questions asked was about the state tag drawing system and what would your ideal drawing system would be.
I'd like to hear your answer to the question "what is your ideal drawing system".
Steve

Like always, I enjoyed the podcast. Probably more than most.
IIRC, one of the first questions asked was about the state tag drawing system and what would your ideal drawing system would be.
I'd like to hear your answer to the question "what is your ideal drawing system".
Steve

Easy answer. No point system. Every person has the same chance, every year, for every species. Point systems are showing themselves to a complicated nightmare that does nothing for the bigger picture of hunting, just slanting the table for old gray hide guys like myself.

Loved this format, just joined Wild Sheep Foundation as a result! Keep the great content coming Randy!

Back