Plumbing Question

SD_Prairie_Goat

So, I'll keep this short and sweet. After the house fire, we decided to add an addition that houses a bathroom. Had a contractor do the below slab piping for me. My question is related to connection to it.

So he left a horizontal pipe through the basement CMU wall. I need to be able to turn 90 degrees horizontally to get to the main discharge point of the house.

What's the right way to do this? Just a 90 Deg wide radius sweep? Do I need a cleanout point here?

Rest of the plumbing has been easy enough, just not sure on this one point, if a photo helps I can walk over and get one.

Thanks!

Typically you cannot exceed 135 deg in bends without a clean out. So if that is the only bend you are ok with just a sweep 90. Is there a clean out outside of your foundation?

Its a mess, but here is the pipe through the wall. Needs to hit the vertical black pipe by the hot water heater
IMG_1881.JPG

So looking here, this is horizontal under the addition, then goes vertical for 5 feet or so, then picks up all the drains, floor, water closet, shower, and sink.
IMG_1882.JPG

Looking from house drain back towards new drain.
IMG_1883.JPG

Not sure about external clean outs, I don't think there is one, but not positive. There is a clean out at the base of the vertical black main drain you see in the corner of the above image.

I would install a cleanout. You may never need it but if you ever have a clog that could prove to be a mess plus one would be required by code in most places I know of. Bathrooms are famous for hair clogs to start with.

I would install a cleanout. You may never need it but if you ever have a clog that could prove to be a mess plus one would be required by code in most places I know of. Bathrooms are famous for hair clogs to start with.
So would this be the correct fitting? With the tall sweep part connected with the white pipe currently installed and the clean out on the top portion of the photo?

1610394772582.png

One other suggestion - looks like there is about a 1/2" gap around the pipe/foundation... I'd make sure to seal that up so is not so easy for water, bugs, rodents, etc. to get in. I'd probably just use something like the Dow "Great Stuff" expanding/insulating foam - but I'm sure there are other great products that will do the same thing.

One other suggestion - looks like there is about a 1/2" gap around the pipe/foundation... I'd make sure to seal that up so is not so easy for water, bugs, rodents, etc. to get in. I'd probably just use something like the Dow "Great Stuff" expanding/insulating foam - but I'm sure there are other great products that will do the same thing.
It's on the list after I figure out how to make the turn... haha

Great stuff would work just great!

So would this be the correct fitting? With the tall sweep part connected with the white pipe currently installed and the clean out on the top portion of the photo?

View attachment 169607
Not what I was talking about. You can clean the main vertical drain through the vent stack accessible on your roof.

However, each connection to the vent stack should have an access plug on the opposite side that looks like this:

cleanout.gif

Not what I was talking about. You can clean the main vertical drain through the vent stack accessible on your roof.

However, each connection to the vent stack should have an access plug on the opposite side that looks like this:

View attachment 169611
That's interesting. Is this required by Wyoming Code? Not required here in SD. Also, can you explain the need for it? Not arguing, just trying to understand the thinking behind it.

That's interesting. Is this required by Wyoming Code? Not required here in SD. Also, can you explain the need for it? Not arguing, just trying to understand the thinking behind it.
Not required that I know of for short runs but I personally advise it. Most areas require one for every 100feet of horizontal run. If you ever had to clean hair clogs like I have, this comes in handy. Otherwise, a plumber's bill can become pricey if they don't have good access. It provides access to likely clog areas.

Back