Please Explain

countrygal

I may be a blonde but I am not dumb. At least I don't think so but I don't get this joke. Would someone please expain it to me......

A farmer dies and his two daughters are his only heirs. One is a brunnette and the other is a blonde. After paying all the expenses, they have $600.00 left. In order to keep the farm they have to find a way to make a living. They have 4 cows, but no bull to breed with them to make calf's to sell. They see an add in the paper advertising a stud bull. The brunnette tells the blonde to hang tight while she goes to look at the bull, and she will send a message for her to bring the truck and pick them up. It is exactly what they need. The farmer tells her he will sell the bull for $599. After she pays the farmer, she goes into town to the telegraph office and attempts to send a message to her sister.

"How much for a Telegram" she asks the man.
"99 cents a word" replies the operator.

The Brunnette thinks a second and says OK. And writes down the one word for the operator. The operator looks at it and sees the one word on the sheet. Comfortable. After a second, he exclaims. "Comfortable! How will she know what that means?

"Dont worry says the brunnette. My sister is Blonde"

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 01-17-2002 23:10: Message edited by: countrygal ]</font>

Oh my goodness. That is plum stupid. Yeah guys you thought that was funny.

Thanks Whiskers for explaining it to me....

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Back