Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Playing the draw system.help

I have a ranch to hunt in 23 for antelope .but I dont want to burn my 1 preference point I have .want to keep building for a trophy spot. If i understand as long as i dont draw my first choice I'm all good ?
So as long as put in for a hard area to draw I should be ok ?

I have a ranch to hunt in 23 for antelope .but I dont want to burn my 1 preference point I have .want to keep building for a trophy spot. If i understand as long as i dont draw my first choice I'm all good ?
So as long as put in for a hard area to draw I should be ok ?

Private land only tags can be drawn as a second choice, and therefore you don't burn your points.

You are correct. If you don't draw your first choice, you will not burn your PP.

Did the antelope Hunt Area 23 Type 2 licenses sell out in the second draw? If not maybe you would not even need to apply in the first application period. Wait until the second application period and apply for the HA 23 Type 2 license and then purchase a preference point during the time period they are available.

You could probably check with the Sheridan Regional G&F office (307-672-7418) to see how fast those licenses sold out last year.

ClearCreek

Did the antelope Hunt Area 23 Type 2 licenses sell out in the second draw? If not maybe you would not even need to apply in the first application period. Wait until the second application period and apply for the HA 23 Type 2 license and then purchase a preference point during the time period they are available.

You could probably check with the Sheridan Regional G&F office (307-672-7418) to see how fast those licenses sold out last year.

ClearCreek

I don't believe they ever sold out.

If the trophy unit youdike to draw has random tags then i would put in for it with your second choice being 23. Pick up a point, have your app in the random draw and most likely grab you second choice tag. I look to add a little value to any app i can. While its a longer shot, over the years one may come in. Any time i see upside i go for it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back