PEAX Equipment

Plate ‘em up

So how big of sheepshead do you eat? We catch them on Erie and everyone considers them a trash fish but recently I heard they are good to eat. Said had to bleed them out. What would you say it compares to?
I think he meant a saltwater sheepshead , excellent eating . Freshwater , not so much .

istockphoto-909363334-612x612.jpg

So how big of sheepshead do you eat? We catch them on Erie and everyone considers them a trash fish but recently I heard they are good to eat. Said had to bleed them out. What would you say it compares to?
These are a saltwater species. Legal length is 12 inches. We are gigging these fish and they average 14 to 16 inches. I believe the fish you are speaking of from past conversations on here is that its a freshwater fish20220226_134121.jpg the fish on the left is our saltwater sheepshead I speak of.

These are a saltwater species. Legal length is 12 inches. We are gigging these fish and they average 14 to 16 inches. I believe the fish you are speaking of from past conversations on here is that its a freshwater fishView attachment 273387 the fish on the left is our saltwater sheepshead I speak of.
You eat the mullet? Sheepshead are good but mullet is to much for me.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back