Places to stay in WY around antelope unit 16

If camping in 16 on blm get there early, last year LOTS of people showed up as if by magic with tents and campers.

Buffalo has a bunch of places, campgrounds, hotels and food! It's minutes from the edge of 16. I live here and went from my door to antelope hunting in 10 minutes.

Second the Winchester, go for the prime rib and try to finish it, it's a big chunk of very tasty meat!

I stayed at the KOA in Buffalo when I hunted 16 a few years ago. It was a nice campground and I rented one of the little cabins on site.

Try this place:

Might sound trivial to some, but it's nice to pull up to the door of your room. No lobbies, elevators, BS.... Nice if you're unloading guns, coolers, packs, etc.

Plus, the rooms are really good for the rate and the owner's a really nice guy.

Thanks for all the suggestions, planning on staying at the Blue Gables. Will let you all know how it go's.
Thanks again!
I'm actually headed up that way for work this week and will be staying there a couple of nights. Let me know if you have any requests. As per PA Goat's suggestion; I'm going to try the Winchester since I have yet to do so.

We stayed at the Buffalo Inn 2 years ago when we humted 16. The Winchester was awesome also

Sorry for the long delay in replying about our antelope hunt in October. Our stay at the Blue Gable motel was great, Jim and his wife Karen were great hosts. Had a place to cut up our harvest and a freezer to keep it in. The weather was hot and the hunting was difficult, but my son did harvest a nice buck and old dad missed on his opportunity. All in all was a great time, love spending time with my son doing new things we talk about doing. Can wait for the next adventure.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back