Phone Scam this afternoon- interesting

The gift of growing up in chitty mountain towns with no jobs that keeps on giving... everyone has to have a side hustle pyramid scheme apparently.

Off the top of my head,

Legal zoom
Some bespoke clothing thing
Mary Kay
Glow Health
MONAT Global
Arbonne
Herbalife
Juice Plus
Rodan

... no text, call, DM, PM or social media account is safe lol

don't forget Amway.

we got our heads talked off by an Amway couple in the crate and barrel at park meadows right before we got married.

now that's financial freedom, spending all your weekend free time poaching and harassing young couples in crate and barrel, oh and the "japanese import" car they drove :rolleyes:

If there's no voicemail, it's a scam...if the voice mail is shady, it's a scam. If the area code is yours but the number is weird, scam. If your caller ID reads Scam Likely....Just about anything asking for your email or cell# while vowing they won't sell it is a lie.

Emails that begin with Thanks you, is a no open scam.

Bad English & cheap alpha optics is a naked Russian alert...
I just give them @BenLamb #.

My new favorite thing to do with scammers is to give them the ol Uno reverse card.

For example, I had one call me about debt relief. I turned it around and started saying how I can help HIM with debt relief, where I proceeded to ask how much he had, what was on student loans, etc. Sadly he was a good sport about it. I had one where he got so confused it got “escalated”. Then I got called a lot of names I’ve never heard before.

On a side note, if you enjoy people harassing phone scammers, go to twitch.tv/kitboga. He gets paid to lead scammers on. He has a YouTube channel as well. Hilarious.

Something happened with my number, I’m getting 3-5 calls a day.

I like to answer once in a while, place phone on counter and have a conversation with myself about where is last months arrest executive summaries. The Chief and Mayor have a meeting tomorrow. Click.

I dont answer the phone unless its someone I know. I dont give any info over the phone or internet to people who initiate the contact with me. Even if I do business with them. Too many scammers out there posing as legit businesses.

Honest people are most susceptible to these scams as they cant imagine anyone would do such a thing. Its not in their frame of reference. Unless they have been scammed already or been educated on these scams. I worried about my older parents until they told me they were aware about these scammers And didnt give out any info on the phone.

The reason I dont answer is I believe it just validates the number is good and even if you screw with them they just pass the number off or keep using it. These outfits are working more than one scam at a time. It might make you feel better to screw with them but they could care less and your playing right into their scams.

Last edited:
I rarely answer a call from a number I don't know.
No one calls usually but I sure know when it is a scam.
The message left never has the full message with the name of who is calling. Just I owe $ or I am in trouble.
Really? Here I am. Lets talk in person...

"The warranty on your vehicle is about to expire,,,,," my vehicle is a 2000 F350 Super Duty diesel with 280k on it. The warranty expired 17 years ago.
Really? You'll honor the one I never used that expired 50k ago? That bs lasted over a year.

"The warranty on your vehicle is about to expire,,,,," my vehicle is a 2000 F350 Super Duty diesel with 280k on it. The warranty expired 17 years ago.
I got a robo call message last month about my warranty on my 2007 Ford Expedition. I traded that in in 2017. I kind of surprised my phone didnt kick it out on the spam program.

Its even funnier that I have a lifetime warranty on a 2009 Ram 2500 from FC. So I told them they are committing fraud, can I have your name for criminal complaint?
Click.

I think of myself as a savvy tech guy and I love to dick with scammers when they call.

The scam that got me was a email about a Picatinny pistol laser sight for only $19.95. All those cookies you set looking at Gun Broker and other URLs are putting you on these guys radar.

I did get the laser, but what I actually did was authorize an automatic payment against my card. It was a few months before I caught it on my bill.

Called VISA and got some of the money back. But essentially I ended paying more than retail for the sight.

I got a robo call message last month about my warranty on my 2007 Ford Expedition. I traded that in in 2017. I kind of surprised my phone didnt kick it out on the spam program.
I love to hit 1 for more information - when they ask for my VIN, I come back with, "Wait, you reached out to me. You have have my VIN or you would not have called me..."

My favorite dick back is when they call to say my computer is "putting bad stuff" out on the the internet. " I explain them that I am running a multi-node topology. I will ask them for IPs and MAC of the offending node. They say they can't and I explain that I am using "IP masking and sub-nets" (total techno BS, if they fall for that, I know they know Jack Sh!t) )
I tell them they are going to have to go a layer deeper if they want to get the MAC. This can lead to several minutes geeking out on the OSI Model and layers. At this point they know I am complete tool (like most you reading this post...) Eventual I will get to the fact I am running SUSE and if they think I need support from the "Windows Company" they are too dumb to be providing me tech support anyway. If they are still with me, I will go into Kubernetes, Kernals, Shells, Root permissions, etc.

Last edited:
I love to hit 1 for more information - when they ask for my VIN, I come back with, "Wait, you reached out to me. You have have my VIN or you would not have called me..."

My favorite dick back is when they call to say my computer is "putting bad stuff" out on the the internet. " I explain them that I am running a multi-node topology. I will ask them for IPs and MAC of the offending node. They say they can't and I explain that I am using IP masking and sub-nets" (total techno BS, if they fall for that, I know they know Jack Sh!t) )
I tell them they are going to have to go a layer deeper if they want to get the MAC. This can lead to several minutes geeking out on the OSI Model and layers. At this point they know I am complete tool (like most you reading this post...) Eventual I will get to the fact I am running SUSE and if they think I need support from the "Windows Company" they are too dumb to be providing me tech support anyway. If they are still with me, I will go into Kubernetes, Kernals, Shells, Root permissions, etc.
Would you please explain all technical terminology in words over 4 letters long please?
If you Google technostupid you will see my picture.

Would you please explain all technical terminology in words over 4 letters long please?
If you Google technostupid you will see my picture.
Translation:
1. I have more than one computer.
2. I know stuff.
3. You don't
4. You still want to scam me?

These "Windows Company" people get my special attention because they took my dad for several hundred dollars and installed malware on his laptop. I had to restore his laptop to factory.

I'll admit one did amuse me. Warned me about dangers on my Windows Com-pooter. Said we ran Macs. He said no, we must have a Windows. I said, nope, not for years. He said, well maybe my wife had a computer I didn't know about. Persistent fellow.

Had the call about "Puter" virus a few years back. Played dumb and logged into the computer. When asked what I saw on the screen I told him "A picture of your Mom having relations with a goat". Got called a few choice names. A few minutes later a female calls and absolutely has to talk with my wife. Told her my wife was dead and that she would need to talk to me. When asked what I saw on the screen I said, "A picture of you servicing a goat". That led to a constant slew of phone calls one after the other to the point I had to unplug the landline phone.

I've gotten into a few roasts with Indian dudes after stringing them along for a while. Have to give them credit, they know a lot of imaginative ways to say that you bang close relatives and/or animals.

I had one call me a 'sand n-word' after I messed with him for a while. Hadn't heard that in so long it took me a minute to figure out what he was saying, his insanely thick accent didn't help.

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back