Perch, let’s see them!

• Thread starter Deleted member 38069
  • Start date
About 60+ years ago I went to Boy Scout Camp out on Long Island, N.Y. on the north shore, Baiting Hollow. They had a lake there and I think the only thing in it was perch, we caught them on small spoons. Had a great time with them. Then years later on a small lake just west of Kalispell, Mont I tried ice fishing. Met a guy there that did it quite a bit and he only wanted perch. I never got one there and he didn't either that day. But usually he caught a bunch there. He took them home and cleaned them then froze them. Now and then he'd thaw a bunch and smoke them. Never have ate a perch and not so sure where they are here in Oregon but one of these days I'm going looking for then. Really hung up on crappie and channel cats these days!

I like tip-up triggers to be worked over so they barely hold line tension. I profile the triggers groove angle so it is very smooth and takes little effort to activate the flag. I then have to usually have to keep the groove pointed into the wind so I don't get any wind flags. Winter perch hit baits very light. I also use minnows usually medium fatheads.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back