PEAX Equipment

Patagonia Invitation

Its too bad someone claiming to represent the side that is correct and has the facts on its side chooses to go forth with such fact free nonsense.

Look at a comment thread- if you can stand to - on this topic on social media. The Utah folks all profess its great how trump is returning the lands to the state's control. The Patagonia crew is furious that Trump is reducing public lands. Neither seem to know that they are both wrong. As I recently saw someone say " Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant."

Ya, the Facebook propaganda machine is set on high right now. My wife asked about Trump's giving control of Bears Ears to Utah to sell. Made for an interesting conversation.

Sad that people can support this guy while acknowledging he is lying. And he is lying. He knows full well that what he is saying is false, that most of his lemmings won't check the facts, and that it continues a narrative of demonizing a politician he doesn't like.

My wife asked about Trump's giving control of Bears Ears to Utah to sell. Made for an interesting conversation.

Sad that people can support this guy while acknowledging he is lying. And he is lying. He knows full well that what he is saying is false, that most of his lemmings won't check the facts,

Well, the lemmings elected him President and now we are stuck w his lying azz. Hopefully the lemmings are getting a rectal education while he hands over their public lands to diggers and drillers, who already can't develop all the leases they hold, and pay a pittance to the public for royalties on the resources all Americans own. And then there's his tax break subsidy to all industry and the richest. His lemmings are not the smartest mice in the maze.

Ya, the Facebook propaganda machine is set on high right now. My wife asked about Trump's giving control of Bears Ears to Utah to sell. Made for an interesting conversation.

Sad that people can support this guy while acknowledging he is lying. And he is lying. He knows full well that what he is saying is false, that most of his lemmings won't check the facts, and that it continues a narrative of demonizing a politician he doesn't like.

I agree, Rob Bishop has very few lemmings that fact check anything he says...and his propaganda machine runs full tilt.

If you're a public land hunter, or even a person that enjoys public lands, there are lots of reasons to demonize Rob Bishop...and yes, that is a fact.

I agree, Rob Bishop has very few lemmings that fact check anything he says...and his propaganda machine runs full tilt.

If you're a public land hunter, or even a person that enjoys public lands, there are lots of reasons to demonize Rob Bishop...and yes, that is a fact.

Absolutely. That doesn't change the fact that when Patagonia releases blatantly false information it hurts the cause. Or maybe not. Maybe we have gotten to a point where the ends truly do justify the means. I have a problem supporting false statements, or the people who make them. To each their own I guess, but it would go a lot farther in my eyes to have an honest conversation about public lands.

Well, the lemmings elected him President and now we are stuck w his lying azz. Hopefully the lemmings are getting a rectal education while he hands over their public lands to diggers and drillers, who already can't develop all the leases they hold, and pay a pittance to the public for royalties on the resources all Americans own. And then there's his tax break subsidy to all industry and the richest. His lemmings are not the smartest mice in the maze.

I'm assuming you've sworn off all metals and anything petro based. A man should stand firm on his principals.

Plan B - Be like Yvon, whine, spin fake and refuse to show up to speak your mind and convictions to people who might disagree.

Still federally controlled, still public and open to all. State of Utah got no control of anything through Trump's action on monuments.

I know that and i know you and almost everyone on here do too.
If you look elsewhere than Hunttalk you’ll quickly see that we are the minority.

I'm assuming you've sworn off all metals and anything petro based. A man should stand firm on his principals.

Plan B - Be like Yvon, whine, spin fake and refuse to show up to speak your mind and convictions to people who might disagree.

FYI: Assuming risks being construed as ignorant. If you meant "principles," here are a couple of mine: Boycott everything Utah. Never send a penny to the Kingdom of PLT. Encourage others to do likewise and educate them to the UT strategy to steal their public lands. Volunteer and contribute to preserving public lands. Like Yvon does. Explain my position in writing, as per Yvon: Public lands w unfettered access, Antiquities Act, Bear's Ears, Escalante, sage grouse plan, road closures, nonmotorized trails, fair chase, wilderness; I endorse these.

Bishop, Trump, Zinke, Hatch, PLT, expansion of drilling/coal, the UT delegation in Congress, bikes in wilderness:. Utterly opposed to these. My opposition to the Bundys, Sagebrush rebellion, the Recapture protest, artifact-stealing public officials, sheriffs that refuse to enforce federal law on federal lands, and other Beehive traditions are beyond the scope of this thread, but a sharp tool like you will catch my drift. No need to assume further.

The best way to affect change is to educate the typical Utahn. Just last night I had a UDWR employee in my office who was pro-land grab. Fifteen minutes later, I had showed him the stats and he admitted that it wasn't financially feasible.

Right now, there's a common misconception here that there are only two choices; environmentalists and hunters. Many Utah hunters assume they support the land grab because their Republican leaders do and the environmentalists oppose it. Therefore, they must support it, right?

Once hunters are given the facts, and the permission to cross the partisan fence in this issue, I find they change their mind rather quickly.

You want to change the dialogue? Write Letters to the Editor identifying yourself as a hunter and explain why you oppose the land grab. We need to the shift the conversational paradigm.

A year or two ago I wrote a letter to our newspaper identifying that our County Council had donated to American Lands Council. The newspaper chose to cover it on the front page the next day, editorialized against it two days later, and, in the face of public uproar, the Council announced it was no longer supporting ALC.

It can't be "greenies" that get hunters to oppose the land grab, it has to be hunters. We need a coordinated marketing campaign by BHA, RMEF, & TRCP to get that ball rolling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back