MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

painting galvanized portable tent stove

huntin' lunatic

I had been ready about tent stoves and remember that my brother had given me one he used several years hunting in kentucky. I dug it out of my storage building and cleaned it up, It is galvanized with some rust. Would it be ok paining it and the pipe with high temp paint to make it last longer? Any advice would be appreciated

Galvanized stove is a big no no!

EDIT: If you were able to burn off the galvanized (likely a lengthy process that could still result in getting gassed out by zinc) the high temp paint may still burn off. I say buy a stove the fits your needs and rest easy knowing you aren't going to get brain damage from either the zinc or the paint...leave that to the bourbon.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what temp galvanizing would give off fumes but I sure wouldn't risk it! I'm sure there are some welders on here than can tell you stories of how sick breathing fumes from galvanizing can make you. ITS BAD STUFF.

I'm not sure what temp galvanizing would give off fumes but I sure wouldn't risk it! I'm sure there are some welders on here than can tell you stories of how sick breathing fumes from galvanizing can make you. ITS BAD STUFF.
I can say that the nausea is very bad and should be avoided at all cost. Also that chugging a gallon of milk will almost instantly stop it I don't know why.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back