Packing meat out???

STEEPnDEEP

What method do you guys use to haul meat out??? Most eastern boys seem to drag it the 100 yards across the field stubble back to the truck...
rolleyes.gif
LOL If I'm up in Yeti country I bone 'em out and use a pack frame. With my last muley, for the first time I boned it out without gutting it, going in from the back side - it worked great!

I have an ultra-light, aluminum pack frame that is specifically designed for hunting. It collapses into a fanny pack or a small part of your day pack and assembles in less that 2 minutes. It is called the Port-A-Pack, made by Secret Creek. It one of the lightest collapsable frames in the world. It will easily carry anything that you can! (Actually, I have an extra one that I'm selling one asking $115US. My email [email protected] if you're interested.)

Here's a pic of it loaded (this ain't me)...
porta-elk.jpg

Here's another method (the McGiver built it himself)...
cart-muley.jpg

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 12-06-2003 13:50: Message edited by: STEEPnDEEP ]</font>

I use several Meathods. 1st one is deboning the critter and using a Frame pack. 2nd is a Frame pack 3rd is a... Well... I have 6 backpacks so It's 6 different ways I guess... Heres a few of them :

backpack.jpg

oscarrack1.jpg

57_G.sized.jpg

jb_hiking.jpg

group2.sized.jpg

sign.sized.jpg

Although Sometimes I put the Frame packs Away and use jsut a Strap for Smaller game *SMILE :

11_14_ducks1.sized.jpg

Damn Moosie - it looks like you're a Professional 'PACKER! What kink of lube do you recommend for 'Packin large animals?
wink.gif

I just like to tie them on the back of a pack half at a time and pack them out. I tried to get a couple of pics up, but I couldn't get the format to take of the ones I have, so Will have to see if I can rework them and get them up!!!
smile.gif

Why spend the extra room packing that kind of stuff in when you have an animal with fat and lard sitting right!!!!
wink.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back