Caribou Gear

Pack hunters in nm

Vanishe187

So i would like to get into pack hunting. I live in sw nm and looking for people around here who pack hunt. I would like to see what people around me are using and packing. Also someone with experience to help me do things right. I know plenty of areas and not asking to show me yours spots. Just want people to go out with pack hunt and help each other become more successful. I deer,bear,elk when i get tags, predator and small game hunt as well as fish. I dont plan on doing any trips past 2 nights at first.

kylemcintyre67

Hello, I am not experienced hunting by any means, but I will nonetheless be hiking out into the western section of unit 34 in the spring for over the counter Barbary sheep. My schedule will limit me to weekend trips. I do have a fair bit of experience in the outdoors and am very confident in my land navigation skills. I wouldn't limit myself to that area, it just allows me fairly quick access from the El Paso area so I plan to try there first. I don't have a problem sharing learning experiences if you had the time to join me. I will be using the OnX system, but I also plan to get the topo maps of that area as well. I will be using the MGRS style maps because that is what I am familiar with, and I can teach you how to use it. April is a ways off, but hit me up if you are interested.

Vanishe187

I hunt unit 24 and 16. I use onyx works great. I plan on trying a trip next year if i get any hunts. Let me know i know the sw area of nm as that's where i usually hunt.

Vanishe187

Yeah lots of great area and hunts around here been learning areas for coues. Hopefully i can find a area with a good number of mature bucks.

Vanishe187

So got my first pack. Super excited, no more carrying quarters on my shoulder. However no hunts this years. I will be out with family on their hunts so i hope i can pack a deer and elk this year. I also plan on doing some otc bear hunting this year.

RedIII

So i would like to get into pack hunting. I live in sw nm and looking for people around here who pack hunt. I would like to see what people around me are using and packing. Also someone with experience to help me do things right. I know plenty of areas and not asking to show me yours spots. Just want people to go out with pack hunt and help each other become more successful. I deer,bear,elk when i get tags, predator and small game hunt as well as fish. I dont plan on doing any trips past 2 nights at first.
I use trekking poles in unit 34 for barbs. I really try to trim the weight off of everything in my pack, and my body lol, so that I can endure the beat down of going all out for a few days at a time.

Wild Alaskan Salmon Seafood

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Heysel