@p_ham's Magic

morgaj1

@p_ham freshened up a Weatherby Vanguard in 7mmRm for me. He bedded a Stocky's VG, opened the rail screws to 8-40 and bedded the rail. I did a little target work at the 100yd range yesterday. 154gr Hornady Interbond over RL23. In the old stock, this gun routinely shot 0.3-0.5MOA. See target below from yesterday. I am going to need Paul to do a little better with his stress-free bedding jobs so that I can tighten up these groups:ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• 7mmRM IB154.jpg
    7mmRM IB154.jpg
    417.7 KB · Views: 111
  • 7mmRM.jpeg
    7mmRM.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 111
  • 7mmRM 2.jpeg
    7mmRM 2.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 112
@p_ham freshened up a Weatherby Vanguard in 7mmRm for me. He bedded a Stocky's VG, opened the rail screws to 8-40 and bedded the rail. I did a little target work at the 100yd range yesterday. 154gr Hornady Interbond over RL23. In the old stock, this gun routinely shot 0.3-0.5MOA. See target below from yesterday. I am going to need Paul to do a little better with his stress-free bedding jobs so that I can tighten up these groups:ROFLMAO:
Talk about setting the bar high! That's some impressive shooting..

I'll try to do better one the next one 😆 good shooting!

Yup, swap bolt heads and you're set. Not sure if you'll need a different magazine but I would think so.
Yeah my 110 has the built in mag where you press the bullets down into it with the bolt back. I’m guessing I’d have to change the stock/magazine or single feed then?

Yeah my 110 has the built in mag where you press the bullets down into it with the bolt back. I’m guessing I’d have to change the stock/magazine or single feed then?
You can convert the blind mag to detachable with new bottom metal, mag, and open the stock. That’s what I did with mine.
… or you may be able to modify the existing mag to make it work.

You can convert the blind mag to detachable with new bottom metal, mag, and open the stock. That’s what I did with mine.
Nice, I’ll have to look into that. I can’t seem to give my 3006 away so thinking about turning into something I’d be more inclined to pull out of the safe. Thank you all!

@p_ham,

What are you using to bed scope rails?

I've just been using a few drops of the green Loktite. The stuff made for filling in any slight gaps in bearing races.

That is some dog gone good riflery there.

@p_ham,

What are you using to bed scope rails?

I've just been using a few drops of the green Loktite. The stuff made for filling in any slight gaps in bearing races.
Devcon steel putty. The quantity needed is so small its not worth mixing the marine tex unless you're bedding the action at the same time.
Only run the screws finger tight, just enough to get a good squeeze out. Not so much the rail is actually tight against the receiver. Sand the bottom of the rail with 120-150 grit and clean with acetone. Don't forget release agent on anything you don't want to stick permanently.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back