Outboard motor question?

elkgetter

We have a 8 hp johnson outboard motor to sell. This thing is like brand new. It looks like it might have been used once or twice. We heard they run about $100 per HP for a used one. Is that about right?

Elkgetter

No.. cause that would mean a 150 hp would sell for about 1500 ... you cant touch one running for under 4k(and then that woudl be a piece of crap)... Most new and good 150 sell for around 6-12k

Check around with your local paper
Delw

Thanks Delw, as you can tell we don't know much about boats. My pa in law just bought this property and they left a bunch of stuff there so now he's trying to sale it all. The nice thing is none of it's junk.

Those little motors sell for some good money if the are in good shape.... also check out ebay.com

that might help you price it....

Delw

good thing to check the papers to see what they are going for in your area.
I picked up a 9.9 johnson 1969 model with electric start for $600. So, the $ per hp never stays the same.
Advertise to some of the trout fisherman in your area. The magic HP # around here is 7.5 because the trout lakes up north have restrictions on them for that HP or less.
Good luck

I heard they raised the max. HP to 10 on the northern lakes that allow gas motors. Anyone else know if that is true?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back