Caribou Gear

Oscar

Delw

How is the hunting up there(idaho) in Jan?

is it just as good for ducks and geese as it is now?

When does the season end?
Delw

JAN 23rd(ish) I think It's over.... We ystop hunting around the 18th though... (Of March
wink.gif
).

I'll look on the 2002 Hunting Log and see how it is. I think the Rivers do OK with Ducks but geese is tough unless you get a Field and They are pretty shot at by then. I only have Access to one field Via 'Gunner. And they don't hunt it more then once a week if that.

There is Several Spots by CJ strike Res. that a Guy could set up on with a boat and we do sometimes.

Last year we made 3 trips in Jan. (I only went 2 times actually they went once without me, Had a kid and all on the 10th late at night and they went 6 hours later on the 11th, Even a task I couldn't pull off
smile.gif
)

I shot 1 duck on the 4th and 6 ducks on the 18th. Here is the list :

January 4th Snake River ~ "4 total" 3 Geese, 1 Greenhead "Hunted with Jack Carson. Larry was the Goose Hog"

January 11th Snake River ~ "3 total" 2 Geese, 1 Borrow's Goldeneye. "Geese were not flying in the snow. Lot's of Ducks. sat on bank and not the river though."

January 18th Snake River "8" ~ 1 Hooded M. 2 Male Gold, 1 Green 2 female Golden, 1 Goose Oscar sat on the River all day. Dinger joined at noon. Larry and Jack Goose hunted."

Not at all.. It's always worth hunting
smile.gif

I think Jan is good for ducks on the river, were I hunt early on (Close by the house), it's about all shot up.

But it's like Hunting anything else.. Hit and miss. If you're up here by chance we'd sure give it a try though.

Lets put it this way.

I am working on my Truck (the one where I can drive long distance's with), Anthony is pretty pissed about not going hunting in WY.

He is throwing fits in the AM and saying he is not going to school he is going to go fishing and hunting, (cause he is afraid I am going fishing/hunting when he gets on the bus.).

I am taking him to the lake in the AM for some fishing and he told me no girls, just me and him.

He was looking at your duck hunting pictures for the last 3-5 days, and now thats all he talks about.

I have to keep him away from this website
wink.gif

I do have to say those duck pics remind me of washington duck hunting, when I used to live there.
Az has some great duck hunting but the geese are few and far between and we dont have fields like that.

Delw

Back