MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Original Gun Boxes

Do you keep the original box your gun came in or throw it away?

• Toss it

Votes: 38 43.2%
  • It will forever stay in my attic/basement

Votes: 50 56.8%

• Total voters

TexAg09

I just bought a new rifle and plan on tossing the cardboard box it came in after I shoot it a few times. However, my dad kept every box for every rifle he bought new in our attic. Should I keep the box, or throw it out? I can't think of any good reason to keep it.

All new ones with box I’ve kept. Not sure why just OCD probably
I also keep in attic covered with cheep tarp to keep dust off

No option for recycling the cardboard :p I generally recycle the box but I do keep the label parts that contain serial number/model/etc. I figure if I need to ship one I can always buy a shipping box.

I keep all mine i bought new or used that came in the original box. Same with optics like scopes , binos ect..... I am single so I can store them where most guys wives keep their clothes. If I didnt have the space I would probably keep a few and toss the rest.

I keep them with no evidence of a price tag 😂 when I’ve traded at a couple of local shops that’s always one of the things they ask about too

I have a few around, but I'm more likely to keep the box a gun case came in since it's the best way to ship them. I could probably buy a new gun with what I've spent on shipping over the years.

Not just for selling, but recently I had to send a Cooper in for service. Thankfully I had the original box/packaging.

I keep as well.

We have moved 8 times in 16 years due to work and with over 30 long guns, the ones that don't have scopes go right back into their boxes for easy transportation. Scoped guns go in lockable hard cases. All my handguns have their original boxes as well. Same reason.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back