Orange vest recommendations?

I have worn a heavy faux wool vest for gun hunting for many, many seasons. Kind of a "lucky" piece I guess? The zipper broke last year, and since I have been upgrading all of my clothing, I am looking for a new orange vest. Something with useful pockets that will fit over a couple of layers if needed, so not "athletic" fit. What brand do you guys have that you like??

Kuiu makes a couple of their vests in orange, a soft-shell and a merino one...

I had a heavier nylon blaze vest that didn't breathe and was terrible in warmer weather, so I picked up one of these for this year:

Went back and forth with the stika ballistic vest for a couple of days. Ended up ordering a nomad for 1/3 the price. I think I was putting too much thought and effort into it.

That being said, I am pretty sure the sitka vest will wind up in my possession out of next years budget.....

I have the Sitka vest that I got for a great deal and it’s nice. I just bought my son one from UA and it is also nice. Mine has lasted several years already and should last many more. Nicer best are a bit pricey but they tend to last a lot longer. JMO

I have a First Light one that I like... problem is it’s wool so kinda sucks if it’s raining or snowing and it’s your top layer. I like it for CO rifle elk and mule deer.

Personally every other best I’ve ever warn wears like a trash bag and those ones that close with the Velcro and garbage.

I really don’t understand why someone doesn’t make a true to size $30, synthetic vest. The browning vest is the best in this price range. I would take a look at that one. You can definitely fit layer under it lol

I have the browning vest. Works fine. Light enough it doesnt bother me. Big enough to go over layers. Dries quickly. Looks stupid. Whatever. I do use the pockets but almost think they are a bit of a prank. Too loose to really hold anything well.

I also have a camo orange fleece vest I wear during colder treestand hunts in Arkansas, made by guide gear or ganders or something.

The one I like best was cheap and came from Academy. I like it because it has deep front pockets and a big game pouch built into the back, and it’s big enough to go over whatever layers I have on. The only downside is the pockets seal up with Velcro, which is too noisy for hunting. I ripped that crap out and put some snaps on.

Cabelas used to make a heavy duty, versatile, warm blaze vest!

I have Cabelas and Sitka blaze vests. The Cabelas is nice, but not very breathable - usually builds up some sweat on the inside if I'm hiking. Big fan of the Sitka one, but don't use the pockets for much if I've also got a bino harness and pack on.

I have enjoyed kryptecs vest its double sides (solid and camo) and has a few pockets on each side. Simple, versitile.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back