optics

Jigmaker

What optic for Smith & Wesson MP 233 rifle
Just bought new have never used one befor. Thinking of a red dot but would like to stay around $150.00 $200.00 max.

Thanks

are you going to use it to play with as is more of a range gun, etc? Or are you going to shoot critter with it? I'm not a fan of range's so I usually go only a hand full of times. I'd get an affordable Leupold or Vortex 3-9x40, but thats me. Also if useing a red dot off the carry handle is odd, way high! So if it's a flat top make sur eyou get tall rings or a small riser.

There are a lot of dot sights made for these guns. Is it a flat top?

What are you going to do with it? 16 or 20 in barrel? Like Schmatz asked, is it a flattop?

Screwing around at the range a red dot is fine. Check out the Vortex models.

If you want something more functional, try a variable 1-4x24 or something similar. Several companies make an affordable option.

I have experience with almost every combination of optics and configurations of the platform, and if I were to pick just one optic, it would be a compact variable power. Drop it to 1 power and it is good up close, or on a running coyote. Crank it up and you can take some pokes out to 300-400.

I put a red dot on my AR when I first bought it. I took it off because the red dot was bigger than the bullseye on my targets at 100 yards. I ended up putting a Nikon P223 AR scope on it. I am very happy with it and the BDC drop circles in the reticle are accurate enough to shoot coyotes.

I put a red dot on my AR when I first bought it. I took it off because the red dot was bigger than the bullseye on my targets at 100 yards. I ended up putting a Nikon P223 AR scope on it. I am very happy with it and the BDC drop circles in the reticle are accurate enough to shoot coyotes.
Use bigger bullseyes! :D

To the OP, there are some good sales on the Bushnell TR-25 going right now. I put one on my sons rifle and have been pleased with it. Mind you, he's 7 and we don't shoot that gun much past 70yds...

I've got a Bushnell Banner Series 4-12x50, lighted reticle, on my .223 AR I have set-up for coyotes/varmints. It's a pretty good scope, I'm happy with it, and I think I gave around $150 for it 2-3 years back.

Thanks Going to take a good look at the p223 looks to be a nice fit will be using for yotes mostly an plinking have to get set up to reload yet . Will get there a little at a time

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back