Yeti GOBOX Collection

Oppenheimer

Oppenheimer for me. This is going to be a much more nuanced movie than you might think, not just about blowing crap up.
Do wish they'd filmed more in town - the desert location of the fake Los Alamos is nothing like the thickly forested (then) Jemez mountains.

David
NM

Just got back from Oppenheimer.

Nolan is a genius (which is no guarantee of wisdom ;-) ). The way he snuck in the parts on stars and relativity gave me chills remembering back to Interstellar (the best movie of the last 10 if not 20 years).

Seriously though, it is unlike any movie out right now and is deserving of your time. It is not 3 hours for the sake of being 3 hours. I would have sat for another hour. The banter between Oppenheimer and Groves was worth the cost of admission on its own.

Watching “the hearings” got me thinking a lot about the arguments folks love to level now about government overreach and misinformation. While talking about “the good ol’days.” Yeah right.

It really is a masterpiece and one I look forward to watching again and again (just like Interstellar).

My wife and I went to see it for our anniversary this weekend and both thought it was great. It takes a lot of great writing and producing to get that level of drama, suspense, even horror, out of a biopic.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back