Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Opinions please!

dgibson

I just ordered a half-dozen Rocket Aeroheads brand "Ultimate Steel" broadheads. They're not mechanical like most of Rocket's other offerings, but are said to fly like field points anyway. Has anyone used them or have anything to say about them?
confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dgibson:
or have anything to say about them?
confused.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay since you asked
They are pieces of crap that I wouldnt use to shave a cat's rear end with.
tongue.gif

But truthfully I don't have a clue
wink.gif

I guess I would have to know more about it, before I offered up an opinion. Can you explain why Nut wants to shave a cat's rear end with them? What does he do witht he cat?
hump.gif

I got a six pack for testing this summer, the 100 gr three blade.

#1 small cutting diam., 7/8 "

#2 the do fly very close to 100 gr field points, my groups with the Rockets averaged about one inch higher than field points at 20 yds, so close that it took a dozen groups or so to even notice the differenc.

#3 Very sharp, you could shave a cats butt with these. ( you hold the cat, I'll do the shaving )

Although the diameter is kinda small, people who have used them on game say the penatration is awsome, and they have a good reputation for quick cleen kills.

They are a pain in the behiund to put togather, the blades are very small, but once togather, they stay togather.
It appears to be a tough/well built head, I think it would hold togather on a shoulder hit.

Thanks for the info, Anaconda, but all I really care about is its performance on a cat's butt.
wink.gif
Sounds like maybe the claims weren't all hype...I can live with a 1" difference!
eek.gif
I knew about the 7/8" cut; I'm OK with that as long as I can put the 7/8" where I want it.
biggrin.gif

I had heard that they caused devestating wound channels and huge exit wounds, but figured that was just hype too. I guess we'll find out!

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back