MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Opinions on older bows

stilllearning

I try to do things on a budget and still have fun at it. I use an older Bear whitetail II bow with a TruGlo 5 pin fiber optic sight and Aluminum easton 2117 arrows and am going to add a whisker biscuit. I like the way the bow shoots but what in your opinion was the best of the older bows? Also what was your first bow and what are you shooting now?

I have a pre-owned :D Browning Summit. The let off is 65% and the draw weight is about 60 lbs.

My 1st bow was a Grizzly model by Bear Archery. It was easy to shoot but I gave that to my oldest.

I'm still shooting a Martin Cougar that is about 14yrs old! Not the latest and greatest, but it works. My dad bought a new bow so now I have two Cougars, which works out pretty nice as I leave one in IN for when I go there to hunt.

Shoot what you have and go hunting. Practice makes the equipment effective, nothing else.

My first bow was a blue-green recurve that I got for my 4th B-Day. I then went to a Bear Mini-Mag at age 7 (killed my 1st big animal with it, our pet sheep), Browning Nomad at age 10 , Martin Lynx age 14, Darton Lightning Age 21, Darton Mag 33 Age 29, Pearson recurve age 33. And there I am today. My passion is still archery, but I got sidetracked into firearms about 5 years ago.

Had a Browning Mirage and it was a great bow. I think it was even better than what Browning puts out now, not sure. I upgraded to a Hoyt Magnetec about 4 yrs ago but I had the money and the bow itself was only $250. If you have a good bow that's older and it shoots good keep it. I usually get mine tuned twice a year and the string changed every 2 to 3 depending on how much I shoot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back