Opening public access in the Big Snowys?

MTHunter1321

Would be fantastic, only if they limited to walk in only, no access from dec 1 - May, and if they could actually limit the number of hunters that would be even better. Won’t take long for the elk to realize the pressure and it turns into a ghost town. I’ve hunted this exact piece of ground prior to the land owner passing and it is exceptional, but if there’s 100 hunters on it the N Bar will just add to their herd.

dk88

This would be amazing but im probably a little partial since I live within a few hours of this area. I would hope the limited entry elk tag would at least help with limiting pressure and I would support mostly walk-in access.

Hem

Would be fantastic, only if they limited to walk in only, no access from dec 1 - May, and if they could actually limit the number of hunters that would be even better. Won’t take long for the elk to realize the pressure and it turns into a ghost town. I’ve hunted this exact piece of ground prior to the land owner passing and it is exceptional, but if there’s 100 hunters on it the N Bar will just add to their herd.
Same experience.
Yep, won't take long to screw this area up.
Walk-in only from Judith road, with limitations.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porteur