Opening Day of Dove

Nut

Well since my favorite field was no more Vipe and I ended up going to the area where we was first introduced to dove hunting.

When we got there WOW! the people were there.
So I did a few other things and we came back to the field. Since the field had people up the wazoo, I took my family down a row that seperated another field and the sunflower field. I took down close to the water source at the end of the row. (Saving that area in case of a future need). I lined em up to wait for the doves flying to field.

We ended up with 15 birds! Not bad for a bunch of wahoos!
Viperess even got one of the buggers. (She only shot 3 times)
Oldest son took 3 and middle son took 2.
The youngest had a blast.(Just got to teach him how to judge what is in range and what is not :rolleyes: . He also told oldest bro to throw up a dove so he could shoot it again
:D The middle boy also determined that it takes from 3 to 3 1/2 turns to take a doves head away from it's body. :eek: ;)

I went out yesterday for the opening day with my usual hunting buddies. We usually hunt close to town, but since the opener was on a Sat. we figured it would be to crowded, so we drove way out to the west side It was still crowded, but not as bad.
My friend Doyle, with his new SKB auto got the frist limit at 9 am, but it took him seventy shells ( those darn autos) I got my limit at about 9:30am, ten birds with 16 shells. The four of us had fourty birds by 10:30 am
It was a lot of fun, I'm glad hunting season is finally here.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back