PEAX Equipment

OnXMaps User Question

ndhunterman

Hey Fellas,

I bought the chip for my gps, but it appears that if i want the more detailed maps with google earth overlay and not the Garmin basecamp version; that I may need to buy another subscription through the website? Can anyone help me out if I'm misunderstanding? Thanks

The chip just gives the topo map with the landownership information. You can buy a subscription from garmin to download satellite images on the gps. Not sure if there is any free software package out there that would do it.
If you have the onxmap hunt app on your cell phone you can overlay satellite images with the landownership information.

I think you are asking about the onX HUNT App. Read the several recent threads on that hear to help decide if that is what you want. Some guys found it buggy and unusable ( I am one of those) in the field and some like it.

I bought the sd card that plugs into my gps. Works great. However, I was thinking that i could then plug it into my computer and get the same quality maps that are overlayed onto google earth. But what i get is the same version on my gps, just with a bigger screen. I'm guessing you have to buy individual states that will allow you to look at the more detailed maps on you computer....

The onx product called plat4googleearth was discontinued. They have replaced it with a different product, which I'm not real familiar with. I believe it uses the onx map viewer and not a stand alone install like the older product was.
The GPS sd chip and the old plat4GE were the best two products they've ever made, now that GE Pro is free and has the ability to add additional file formats.

Last edited:
Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back