Caribou Gear

Olympic Arms 243 wssm ar question

rogerthat

So 10 years back or so I picked up an Olympic arms ar-15 chambered in 243 wssm. I used it as my coyote calling gun and loved it. However a few years ago I experienced a kaboom with it. Basically I think I had a shoulder blow out or the barrel extension lugs blew out, either way I was lucky to keep my face in tact.(metal went through the upper receiver). Any way I am trying to put Humpty Dumpty back together but finding parts for the ar wssm is proving to be tough. Olympic arms is out of business and I think dedicated technologies out of Minnesota that used to do custom wssm ar’s is too. Anyone know of any one else I could contact? My google searches are striking out. Thanks

It’s a good thing Olympic is out of business. Glad you’re okay.
Yeah I definitely didn’t do a forensic investigation on the cause. I was reloading for this gun so I’m definitely not pointing fingers at anyone. May have been operator error. I had sent a good many down the pipe (100s) and I didn’t see any obvious signs of over pressure. But I also had a reputable gunsmith tell me “it’s best if some people don’t reload”

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back