Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

OK, you won the lottery, first rifle?

I'd have to toss a coin - A Herschel House KY rifle in .40, or a Winchester High Wall. What am I saying?!? I won the lottery, both and more!

I'd start with a Bighorn Armory 90 454 casull, then pick up a model 89.
I’d have a really hard time choosing between a proper and well balanced rifle in .338-06, like a Cooper or a custom Winchester, to replace my Savage build OR the Bighorn Armory 89. I’d honestly go the model 89 first. Have been drooling over them for years.

If I win that much money, I'm paying for a shooting coach first, then when I can finally hit something I'll splurge on a Savage Axis... #AccuTriggerBaebae

Boy Ive though about this a lot, what to get. At my age I don't shoot near as much as I used to. Also have about everything I even might hunt the rest of my life well covered. Don't have a 22CF any more and think I'd like to have another 222 Rem but probably never shoot it at nothing more than paper target's now and then. Haven't a use one for what I might do but think a 280 Rem might be nice. Not much use for one as I have 25-06, 6.5-06 and 30-06! But maybe, just maybe I could find an old Dick Bortmus rifle in 280 Rem. Alwys liked the look's of them. Well what ever it might be I could afford custom then. Might even be able to find a mod 21 Win somewhere and not care about the price!

Authentic WWII M1 Garand, followed very closely by a custom fit 16 gauge side by side.

And

Yup, I would buy some guns. Then I would buy the biggest grain and cattle farm I could find in Saskatchewan's Parkland Region. While I wouldn't be able to pull the trigger myself on any big game animals there, I could tag along with plenty of friends. The ducks and geese would satisfy my trigger finger.

Instead of a gun i would hire a retired Seal sniper for one on one lessons on how to shoot my existing guns :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back