Ok you Oregon deer hunters

belshawelk

Who has hunted the Steens and willing to help a brother out? I drew this year and have never been. Just looking for some pointers. I will contact ODFW for some ideas but if you have hunted the unit let me know. It will be my only time to ever hunt it. Not looking for a monster, just a good representation.
Even if its old info I would appreciate. I can hike anywhere so don't care abut terrain.

I have lots of advice in some other units but just not this one.

I don't know much about the Steens except that it is suppose to be a good unit. I put in for that one but drew Malheur River, which I know nothing about...
You know anything about it?

I do not sorry. Starkey, Ukiah, Northside, Murders Creek are all my stomping ground. My guess is it has lots of canyons also. All of that area is big country. My plan is to try and get away from people, sit and glass. I do not need a trophy buck, just something mature. I am blessed with really good eyesight when looking for critters. I can pick out an ear or antler really well. I cant read up close anymore but I can see critters at long distance. Its weird. But I cant see what not there. That's the problem with Mule deer these days.

Good luck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back