Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Ok which spotting scope

slatebuilder

What scope do I need to size up a ram?​

This topic has been beaten to death with a rubber hose.....why not take one more whack.​

I am looking for a spotting scope and am basically ignorant on spotting scopes and stink at doing research. For the most part every optic I have is a Leupold. How good is a Leupold Santium SX5 27-55X80? It’s on my short list because I like the leupold stuff I already have.

My other choices would be Swarovski because any serious discussion about spotting scopes can’t be had without mentioning them. 20-60 verses 25-50, 65mm verses 80mm. There has been mention of finding older “non hd” stuff on other threads here. Why non-hd?

How about straight verses angled in any brand?

Last edited:
This is called baiting which is illegal in most states...You would have been in big trouble had you put a midget in the post the wrath of the Cush would be on you like none other!

My other choices would be Swarovski because any serious discussion about spotting scopes can’t be had without mentioning them. 20-60 verses 25-50, 65mm verses 80mm. There has been mention of finding older “non hd” stuff on other threads here. Why non-hd?
I really, really like my 25-50x65 Swaro. It sized up sheep today.

EBCF5E72-FE77-4BD2-9D1A-921AB042BC6A.jpeg

If ever someone deserved the ban hammer it’d be this thread title...

Swaro 20x60-80 I have the straight sometimes I wish I had angled. I'd go with a bigger objective for light. Love it, you don't need to get a Swarovski.

I think angled would be better for steep angles.

I'd look at meopta, kowa, maven etc. See if you can get the maven on the demo program for your hunt then return it 🤣

Btw...... total horse shit title

I’ve been really impressed with my leupold sx-5 santiam. I’ve not tried it on game out west but I can read the specials on the pizza places sign 2.25 miles away from my deck 😁

The original title gave me flashbacks to a Dinkshooter post from many years ago. That image will haunt my brain forever. D!ck:p

BTW, I have a Zeiss 65 straight with a 30x. I like it, but have't looked through many of the previous mentioned.

I'll chime in that I have the Meopta 80 HD and the glass is impressive. A buddy has the MeoStar S2 82 angled and it is truly impressive and even more so when you look up the price. I also just got a MeoPix adapter so I can attach my phone to the spotter for photos.

2nd for the meopta. Meostar S2 is an awesome spotting scope. I've had non HD zeiss and swaro and my meopta is a lot better than either of them. It is not quite as good as the new HD's from zeiss and swaro and but you can get them for about half the price. the cabelas instinct is a rebranded MeoStar S2 and for whatever reason the resale is a lot less than Meopta or Nightforce which are identical

Back