Off to Argentina

fowladdict

Well I'm leaving to Argentina do do a little waterfowling in the month of May. hump I'll have the pics and story when i return on the 15th!!!

Good luck!! You lucky bugger!! Enjoy the country. Easily the BEST food I have ever eaten, was when I was in Argentina!! One of these days I hope to return to do some hunting!

Well I'm back...hell of a trip. More pics and story later.

Attachments

• geese.JPG
    geese.JPG
    227.8 KB · Views: 125
  • hummer ducks.JPG
    hummer ducks.JPG
    118.2 KB · Views: 126
HO-LEE-CHIT thats alot of birdies !!!!! Looks like you guys drove in style too :)Any close ups of the Different type of Birds ?

Welcome home bud !!!!

Any close ups of the Different type of Birds ?

Here are some in the following order:
Ashy head goose
Magellan goose
and a perdiz (fly like a quail)

Duck close ups to follow!

Attachments

• ashy head goose.JPG
    ashy head goose.JPG
    238.2 KB · Views: 102
  • magellan goose.JPG
    magellan goose.JPG
    181.9 KB · Views: 103
  • perdiz.JPG
    perdiz.JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 100
Ducks in the following order:

Widgeon 1 (not sure type)
Widgeon 2 (not sure type)
rosybill
yellow billed pintail

Attachments

• yellow bill pintail.JPG
    yellow bill pintail.JPG
    212.5 KB · Views: 110
  • rosy bill.JPG
    rosy bill.JPG
    231.4 KB · Views: 109
  • widgeon 2.JPG
    widgeon 2.JPG
    239 KB · Views: 102
  • widgeon 1.JPG
    widgeon 1.JPG
    227.7 KB · Views: 99
More ducks:

Silver teal (we called em Cappacino heads)
Shoveler
white faced whistler
Misc teal (in this order: speckled, cinnamon, ring, speckled and cappacino)

Attachments

• silver teal.JPG
    silver teal.JPG
    230 KB · Views: 92
  • shoveler.JPG
    shoveler.JPG
    229.9 KB · Views: 96
  • white face whistler.JPG
    white face whistler.JPG
    227.1 KB · Views: 93
  • misc teal.JPG
    misc teal.JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 92
Cool looking ducks. Shoveler and Cinnamon teal is about the only ones we have here. So is a waterfowl hunt in Argentina relatively inexpensive? I may have to plan on doing that someday.

Cool looking birds...just way too long till it's season in the northern hemisphere.

What Province were you in Hunting??? Did you get to spend much time in BUenos Aires, or just the airport? I remembr being blown away by the size of BUenos Aires!! THat place is just huge!! What did you think of the food?

Congrats on an awesome hunt!! I definitly need to go back and kill some quackers!

SCOTT

SCOTT,

We spent 3 days near Tres Arroyos and 2 days near Las Flores. I only spent time at the airport in Buenos Aires, judging by how busy the airport is, the city must really be quite large. I tend to agree with you on the food...Best damn food I've ever had (my wife took little offence when I showed her the pictures of some of the food we were served)

I'm definitley gonna try to go back next year, but not sure if it will be for fishing, waterfowl or red stag tho! I will however use the same guide regardless of what i decide to go for.

Aaron

Was she offended because they bring out the food in Bikini's ? :) If so, Sign me up, I'll go with ya next year !!!!

the food is awesome, the beer's are outstanding, the women drop dead gorgeous, the bird hunting is beyond fantastic(2nd to none) and a country to be visited if one can do it---congrats on your success FA-----chris

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back