MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

ODFW’s Beaver State Podcast

FairWeather

I found this a few weeks ago, linked in ODFW’s Facebook. I’ve found it an interesting and sometimes helpful, so figured I’d share it here. I have no affiliation with it or ODFW.

I enjoy it. Recently listened to the blacktail hunting episode. It's a nice reminder that they're quite a challenge for most folks.

I enjoy it. Recently listened to the blacktail hunting episode. It's a nice reminder that they're quite a challenge for most folks.
Haha, yeah I’ve had to remind myself of that near every day since the season opened. I’m remaining optimistic that the prospects should get better as the pre-rut starts up, but definitely need to remember that there’s a good possibility I won’t get a buck. Really, being a self (i.e. internet) taught hunter starting in my 30’s, I should be surprised if I do get one.

Haha, yeah I’ve had to remind myself of that near every day since the season opened. I’m remaining optimistic that the prospects should get better as the pre-rut starts up, but definitely need to remember that there’s a good possibility I won’t get a buck. Really, being a self (i.e. internet) taught hunter starting in my 30’s, I should be surprised if I do get one.

Have a good time in the woods. I've hunted the western general tag for 4 years now, haven't harvested a buck here, but have had an opportunity each year.

Have a good time in the woods. I've hunted the western general tag for 4 years now, haven't harvested a buck here, but have had an opportunity each year.
Fair point. Just having the opportunity is a privilege in and of itself. Only wish I could find a more secluded area. Hard to find solitude in the woods (well, more so clear cuts tbh) with al this opportunity lol. Guess I just gotta get up earlier and walk in deeper.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back