NY Proposed Gun Laws

A1724- proposed 2019
S9197- proposed 2018
S1412-proposed 2019
S2857A-proposed 2017

All of the Senate bills were proposed by the same senator, looks like Senator Parker loves to propose one crazy gun bill every year.

All the same totally ridiculous.

Geez, there is so much wrong with all of this. So you have to be proficient in shooting to be able to buy a firearm, but how do you get proficient if you aren't allowed to buy a firearm?!

Geez, there is so much wrong with all of this. So you have to be proficient in shooting to be able to buy a firearm, but how do you get proficient if you aren't allowed to buy a firearm?!
Stay out of the water until you learn how to swim!

Only four posts so far. I guess the "The sky is falling!" just isn't getting folks as fired up as when the NRA was solvent.
Think this kinda boils down to a, shall we say, "distaste" for political discourse on the site.
To expect a discussion on proposed/enacted gun control legislation to not take a political turn is like a hunting site to not include photos of guns and dead animals.

That said, expecting whatever discourse occurs here or on any other website to have any significant affect on proposed gun legislation in New York state is expecting the sun to rise in the west. Regardless of how civil or raucous the conversation.

Think this kinda boils down to a, shall we say, "distaste" for political discourse on the site.
To expect a discussion on proposed/enacted gun control legislation to not take a political turn is like a hunting site to not include photos of guns and dead animals.

That said, expecting whatever discourse occurs here or on any other website to have any significant affect on proposed gun legislation in New York state is expecting the sun to rise in the west. Regardless of how civil or raucous the conversation.
Not even certain of your meaning ... but just pointing out such threads previously have typically elicited many posts quickly.

We all can complain here on this site but a more effective approach would be too write our senators, representatives, governors, and our president. It's hard to complain if you don't let your voice be heard. We can't sit on the fence and let this kind of crap happen and we need to fight it! I have started sending emails to the folks I listed on here on firearms and other issues such as border control, etc. It is simple and easy to google the person and the site will show you how to email the individual. Very easy and quick to do. I can't honestly say if it does any good or not but it's worth it either way!

We all can complain here on this site but a more effective approach would be too write our senators, representatives, governors, and our president. It's hard to complain if you don't let your voice be heard. We can't sit on the fence and let this kind of crap happen and we need to fight it! I have started sending emails to the folks I listed on here on firearms and other issues such as border control, etc. It is simple and easy to google the person and the site will show you how to email the individual. Very easy and quick to do. I can't honestly say if it does any good or not but it's worth it either way!
Sen Jim Inhofe (R-OK)
Sen James Lankford (R-OK)
Rep Tom Cole (R-OK)

Yes sir, keep their phones, email and snail mail busy.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back