November Fishing - Estes Park

WestKyHunt

My wife has a business trip in Estes Park, early November. Is it worth bringing along a fishing pole?
I've been up there several times but always during the summer.

Will there be access to any of the lakes?

Any help is appreciated đź‘Ť

Sorry you're not getting much help. I think everyone's afraid to stick their neck out on this. I live in the area. At the moment the weather is holding nicely, but it won't last. By early November there's usually ice, snow, and freezing temps. I personally call it off (fishing) in October, because the freeze kills off the insect activity, and, in the streams at least, the fish pod up in deeper holes and hunker down.

I hiked yesterday up to an area at 10,200 feet. The trail was mostly clear with no problems. That altitude would get you to a number of the lakes in RMNP, but I was 30 miles south, so conditions could be different. Should you bring a rod? I'd say the odds were against your using it, but why not? Some years the weather holds well into Nov. Big T could be an option if the park lakes and streams aren't. Check the fishing report at Kirk's before you leave.

Sorry you're not getting much help. I think everyone's afraid to stick their neck out on this. I live in the area. At the moment the weather is holding nicely, but it won't last. By early November there's usually ice, snow, and freezing temps. I personally call it off (fishing) in October, because the freeze kills off the insect activity, and, in the streams at least, the fish pod up in deeper holes and hunker down.

I hiked yesterday up to an area at 10,200 feet. The trail was mostly clear with no problems. That altitude would get you to a number of the lakes in RMNP, but I was 30 miles south, so conditions could be different. Should you bring a rod? I'd say the odds were against your using it, but why not? Some years the weather holds well into Nov. Big T could be an option if the park lakes and streams aren't. Check the fishing report at Kirk's before you leave.
Thanks for the information!

Back