Not sure if right spot

Kraven

OK I just seen what has been stealing all my birdfeeders,damn Racoons :mad: .Anyways I was just curious of the best means of getting rid of these buggers.There were 2 of them this morning around 4:30.So far they have stolen 4 suet feeders from me.So any info on maybe best caliber would be appreciated.I am thinking a .22 cal would work and its quiet since I have neighbors.

A twelve gauge works very well. But since I know the neigbor hood you live in. Some one would probably whine. My grandad used to drill a hole in a log, and put horseshoe nails into the hole at an angle. Four or five. You leave enough space for the animal to get its paw in and not be able to pull it out. Then he said you put a shiny nicol in the bottem. They will reach in to grab the shiny coin and not be able to pull their paw out. At this time, you run out there and club it to death. This also keeps the pelt in tact with out holes in it. Unless you use a pick or some thing of that sort as a club... :D

Kraven
A .22 will wark just fine. We used one all the time on coons, after the dogs treed a coon one shot to the head is all it would take.

P.S. If you are going to do this in the wee hours if the morning be sure to give everyone in the house notice in advance.

Delw has a great system involving a .22 center fire rifle and shotgun primers!!! I'll let him discribe it!!

the fastest and most quietest pellet gun out there... A phoenix cop showed me this over 18 years ago. It works great kills lots of cats and a few dogs couple of fox's and p-dogs...Heres how ya do it.

Take a .223 case and drill out the primer hole to just accept a 209 shotgun primer. basically so you can just push it in with light force. make sure you run a size die over the shell befor you drill it out.
Next get a pen or pensil thats tapered and flare out a .22 cal pellet just a tad(will take some practise) them shove the pellet thru the primer hole until just the pellet point sticks out of the brass case.(use a small drill to push it in there). then pop the shotgun primer in it.

Now the gun you use this in will make a differnce in velocity's and accuretsy(sp)
I used a 20" .223 26" 22-250 .220swift 26" and a ar-15 16" barrels... also used a 17 rem classic with a .177 cal pellet...(this works great but you have to make the tools or get creative)
Also you can add Powder to this I dont recommend over 2 grains of any pistol powder... If you use a powder make sure you put the pellet in then a little piece of cotton(to keep the powder close to the primer) then pour the powder in , put the primer in and your good to go...
With powder you can expect velo. up to 2000fps however that fast you will get a little lead fouling and accuracy will be about 2 " at 50 yards(due to the softness of the pellet)..
With a Hard competition pellet and 2 grains of red dot I put one right thru a wild cat about 30 yards away....
On my guns I only had to change the scope settings but I turned them right back when I shot real bullets thru it. Ive shot this pellet combo tihe a 12x 24x and 36 x scope the windage will change usually about 2" to the right from a real round.... with just a pellet and primer no powder you can get under3/4 inch groups @ 15 yards.
This gun is very very quiet in a bolt action and with no powder it is quieter than a pellet gun...

any questions fell free to ask...

Delw

Back