Nosler brass.

Farmerj

All virgin nosler .260 Remington brass.

Opted to deburr and uniform size the rest of the flash holes today.

I don’t remember seeing other brands this severe.

IMG_0518.jpegIMG_0517.jpeg

The premium you pay for Nosler brass is supposedly because all that has already been done.

Advertised as "load & shoot".

Range brass .223/ 5.56 and 308/ 7.62 has never been this bad for me

I did that when I first started reloading. I never noticed it made a difference, so I haven’t done it since.
Yeah, it’s always a point of discussion. I went to clean up some once fired and while waiting for it to clean I started looking at the virgin stuff. Tipped the tool into a couple of them and was surprised so I just kept going.

Fired brass I do it more to clean out the carbon.

I just bought 2 boxes of new Nosler 7rem mag brass. All were clean and ready to roll. Curious to learn the diameter you team flash hole to?
Personally haven’t done that on any of my reloads and would like to learn how you’ve recognized benefits

Like I said, mostly I use it to clean up my carbon from the flash holes.

Does it benefit? I don’t know. I know my loads all shoot sub-1/3 MOA in the caliber’s I shoot.

IMG_0526.jpeg

Have you corrected the primer pockets yet?
Nosler is fairly good quality brass but the primer pockets and flash hole are on par with wolf steel case. Get everything uniformed and you'll have some great brass that will last ..

I cut mine to .1305 depth.

I have not done that yet. I have 100 pieces of nosler brass and 400 lapua.
Nosler galled my pocket cutter face after 40ish pieces, & needed to be cleaned and polished to continue. I could've hosted a pole dancing convention with all the brass glitter that came out of 300pcs Nosler pockets...... it's a one time operation and time consuming but, , you'll have great brass afterwards
The KM flash hole uniformer is carbide and self clearing, 1000's done so far with no galling.

Nope. It falls off incredibly.

I’m getting to the point I’m going to soak all my stuff in dirty motor oil and lemon juice to tarnish it and make it sticky. That should help hold the powder in the case better so it won’t shake around.
Filling the case full of powder should keep it from shaking around, if that’s what you’re after. 🤷‍♂️

Filling the case full of powder should keep it from shaking around, if that’s what you’re after. 🤷‍♂️
I like to take a dowel and pack it in, top it off again and then seat the bullets. Get as much in there as possible. I try to use nothing but Red or green dot powder.

I like to take a dowel and pack it in, top it off again and then seat the bullets. Get as much in there as possible. I try to use nothing but Red or green dot powder.
I’ve never used those powders or a dowel. You sure do have some funky routines. Good luck with your matches, I guess.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back