Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Nosler 180 BT 308

grizzly63

Got all excited on the GB as I finally found some NBT 180's but alas it was not to be. First and main pic is a box of 180s but item is actually 165 NBT's. MF's. These clowns had 66 boxes they sold in a few days. I am probably not the only one who got burned on this one. Third time I have been burned on the GB by false advertising. I'm sure they will say its my fault for not completing checking for their errors. I envision two idiots sitting in a room wondering how fast they can sell these if they deliberately put the wrong photo in there? like those two clowns in CA over the rolling blackouts. Maybe its just a simple human mistake. Do you think they will make it right? I kind of doubt it.
To add to my misery, two more items I bought off the web showed up today. An advertised new scope showed up. It had ring marks on it and my LH stock pad showed up RH. Argh! I love shopping in stores and actually seeing what I am buying.
The scope supplier has agreed to a refund, haven't heard from the other two yet. Paying with paypal does have an advantage in these error situations so the stock pad should not be a problem. The GB vendor will probably end up with a nasty rating that will get lost in their overall sales rating. "We sell in volume, other customers will replace you"
Thanks for letting me rant.

Got all excited on the GB as I finally found some NBT 180's but alas it was not to be. First and main pic is a box of 180s but item is actually 165 NBT's. MF's. These clowns had 66 boxes they sold in a few days. I am probably not the only one who got burned on this one. Third time I have been burned on the GB by false advertising. I'm sure they will say its my fault for not completing checking for their errors. I envision two idiots sitting in a room wondering how fast they can sell these if they deliberately put the wrong photo in there? like those two clowns in CA over the rolling blackouts. Maybe its just a simple human mistake. Do you think they will make it right? I kind of doubt it.
To add to my misery, two more items I bought off the web showed up today. An advertised new scope showed up. It had ring marks on it and my LH stock pad showed up RH. Argh! I love shopping in stores and actually seeing what I am buying.
The scope supplier has agreed to a refund, haven't heard from the other two yet. Paying with paypal does have an advantage in these error situations so the stock pad should not be a problem. The GB vendor will probably end up with a nasty rating that will get lost in their overall sales rating. "We sell in volume, other customers will replace you"
Thanks for letting me rant.
You lost me on the rolling blackout back handed compliment that had zero correlation with your gripe

Fyi, paypal will not back you up on any firearms, ammunition, reloading, or any other 2a purchases. It's clearly listed in the terms of service.
Go ahead and contact PayPal customer service and let them know you're using their processing for ammunition and let me know how that works out for you.

I'm assuming GB means gun broker.

While I agree that not getting what you thought you were purchasing is a major bummer, in this case it may actually work out well for you.

Unless your barrel is throated for the 180s, the base of the bullets will be pushed well into the case. As in below the shoulder/neck junction.

The 165s won't incroach into the powder space as much.

And there isn't much in North America that a 165gr bullet won't handle.

I have an established load for the 180's and its not for me. Its for my nephews gun which I had worked up this load for. Unfortunately, he also bought four boxes. He does realize that maybe he could switch to the 165's. They seem to be in stock a lot more than the 180's. I have received ok's for refund on the other two items. They were purchased on a different website auction house and they are not technically 2A items. It will all work out. Someday, the 180's might become a stock item again.

You’re right that’s b.s. I also get not wanting to change your load because someone mislabeled an ad. I shoot 180 grain Nosler out of most of my rifles and wouldn’t change. Load development takes time and money and no way I’m changing over a clowns misleading ad. Nbt is Nosler ballistic tip? If so I probably have some 180’s I would sell you. I shoot accubonds now. Hopefully they refund you or replace with 180 if not message me and I will dig through my bullet stash !

@grizzly63 why not just shoot 180 accubonds? Theyre readily available at shooters pro shop

They are not for me. I'm loading them for the nephew. He has used them quite effectively on deer. When I was shooting them, I could not get the accubonds to shoot the same. I did get some 190 Accubond LR to work out though. When he heard the 180's were available, he bought four boxes but his were actually 125 NBT's. They offered to send me an RMA but I would have to pay a 15% restocking fee and return shipping. He is going that route. I gave them the feedback they deserved and promised not to buy anything else from them. Just as there are more customers, there are more retailers. No since dealing with the shady ones. I would think Nosler would not want to be associated with retailers like that. I checked several of their listings and they all list the grain weight of the bullets except these two to include other Nosler Ballistic tips so its pretty clear that they are deliberately doing this. I'll take my lumps, read everything a little closer and trust less people. Just the way it appears to be.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiskyRichard
Back