PEAX Equipment

North Carolina hog hunting

Jc2020

I’ll be in North Carolina next month and I am hoping to do a public land hog hunt. I called out and spoke to a state biologist but he said when they moved them off the big game list to feral animals the state no longer tracks them so couldn’t give any advise at all on them. I’m not looking for specific spots but hoping for some info/ advise on where I on where I should look at in the state. Or to just hear anyone else’s success stories form similar previous hunts. Thanks.

I think there has to be a big game season open at the time, it wasn't a year round hunt when I lived there, but that may have changed. I would think any game land in the east would have them. I know my friends closer to the S Carolina border hunted them quite a bit.

They can be hunted year round now. I also looked at South Carolina I’ll be right in the boarder I called and talked to their fish and game and you can hunt them year round but if it’s not hog season which is in March you can only use rim fire rifles and shot guns with 4 birdshot so I’m planning on looking in North Carolina.

Grew up in NC, most of the hog hunting I've done there, outside of the eurasian boar hunts in the 5 counties in the mountains, were all up around the Roanoke Rapids to Rocky Mount area. We have had success on the game lands in Brunswick and Columbus counties but with all the rain this winter you might want a boat lol.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back