Nonstick against core bond?

Flatbrimmer

I had the insulators at work fill a cardboard box up for me like a year ago to make a target, as I’d read they will stop a broadhead and I’m a DIY save a buck kinda dude when I can have my cake and eat it too.. 64DC8881-6D5C-4E54-A241-1D78F4EA8298.jpeg
I know it’s a little cheeseball— the spray paint ran and it exploded the cardboard and never peeled away from it. Looks awful! But super useful and worked well for what I needed.

The other day I built a small frame out of OSB (smooth side in) and asked a new group of dudes to do it again for me and when it dried and I unscrewed it I had to literally beat it apart and it pulled all the corners and edges away leaving again, a crappy but useful new target 😂😂🤣 image.jpg

WHAT CAN I PUT INSIDE THE BOX TO MAKE IT COME APART SLEEK AND SHINY SHARP CORNERS!? I know it can be done! A WHOLE CAN OF PAM?! A garbage bag lining it that I can melt off or something!? Don’t bother hitting me with some sale on a Rinehart! I want to figure this out! Suggestions!?

I know they make different release agents for whatever pour or mold your doing. Also would imagine you could use saran wrap or aluminum foil or something, put a barrier in between the wood and the foam.

Nice, good luck. Otherwise just leave it on the frame and spray paint it all the same color. Could attach a handle to the top easier that way.

Johnson Paste Wax. I’ve used it as a release agent for epoxy bedding rifle stocks and molds and never had anything stick. Way better than the release agents specifically marketed for bedding stocks, and a tin will last a couple hundred bedding jobs.

Or Smooth-On Universal Release Agent, which is basically just aerosol silicone. I accidentally oversprayed some onto my hardwood floor and fell half a dozen times over the next couple days until it finally wore off. That stuff is SLICK.

Not sure if the spray foam somehow reacts or wets out release agents. Interested to see what you find out.

Is that a 2 part foam mixture? Like a polyol and isocianate combination? I’m guessing so. You need an industrial mold release agent. Preferably silicone based. Liberally apply it also. I will try to look one up for you.

Johnson Paste Wax. I’ve used it as a release agent for epoxy bedding rifle stocks and molds and never had anything stick. Way better than the release agents specifically marketed for bedding stocks, and a tin will last a couple hundred bedding jobs.

Or Smooth-On Universal Release Agent, which is basically just aerosol silicone. I oversprayed some onto my hardwood floor and fell half a dozen times over the next couple days until it finally wore off.

Not sure if the spray foam somehow reacts or wets out release agents. Interested to see what you find out.
Try this. It should work. I have never used wood as a mold, only metal. So covering the pores of the wood with wax paper and then coating that might work.

^^^ the wood being pours is what hanging you up I think; paint the INSIDE of the box first (seal the pores) then apply the paste wax and fill it. Should work🤷🏻‍♂️

Still use the cardboard box, but put that into a wood frame box to keep the cardboard intact while filling with foam. When it is dry just slip it out of the wood framed box. Or just make a wood framed box to your dimensions and then line with sheets of cardboard, and/or posters with the pretty side out, tape the corners from the inside so the foam doesn't get behind the cardboard and adhere to the wood. Shave the foam off even when it dries and remove from the wood form. You could get creative and even cut slots in one side of the wood frame and then cut 1" slits in the cardboard to align with the slots in the frame and make a handle out of 1" webbing, poke it through the cardboard and tie it together on the inside.

You could get creative and even cut slots in the sides poke it through the cardboard and tie it together on the inside.
I like this!! Ive been putting the handles on externally and it works okay but I know it isn’t permanent. This is a great idea to put the handle into the mold. Thanks!

You guys are awesome! It takes a village, pretty soon it’ll be free broadhead targets all around!

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back