No more local ACE, moving sucks.

nhenry

For the past couple weeks, I've been in the process of moving/starting my new engineering job in Kansas City. It's been stressful, but it's nearing the end. The first week, I had to be here by my lonesome because our apartment didn't open up 'til the 9th, but my job started on the 4th.

Luckily, I had family I stayed with. They also fed me which is a plus. That week, my wife packed everything at our old place so that we could move it this past weekend.

Unluckily, my wife had a trip planned for this week long before I accepted the job, so I had to drop her off at the airport with my child so they could go to Idaho.

Also unluckily, I had to get rid of my work table because it wouldn't fit in the apartment, so now I need a new place to reload and the likes.

I called up a buddy and he helped me move (with help from his gal). We got everything all moved and now I have the arduous task of unpacking and putting everything together.

But yeah, no more local ACE. :confused:

Moving sucks. I hope I don’t have to do it for a long time. Also, I’d miss our local Ace. It’s my favorite store in this town. Best hardware store I’ve ever lived near.

There are like 5 Ace/True Value’s within 20 minutes over here - pretty nice. Moving is the worst by far - good luck (rip it off like a bandaid - power through till it’s done).

Your guys' ace must be niver than ours. True Value though those are nice but we don't really have them anymore.
I worked at a Hardware Hank for a few years in college. I always preferred them to True Value, but this Ace has won me over.

Try moving to where there is nothing really.
We lucked out and folks have kept the local hardware store, an Ace, open. 3rd owners since I moved here & new folks are great younger couple. Guy is a lic. plumbing /heating guy too.
Not the best hardware store I have been in but they have the basics.
I was just in last week to get fresh PVC glue & primer. She offered me a job. LOL

I mainly miss the local ACE because they kept powder and primers in stock at pre-covid prices

I've had some of the best customer experiences of my life at ACE but also a few bad stores where employees didn't know items. Had a great experience in Auto Zone yesterday including another customer helping me trouble shoot.

Good luck with move. I'm career Navy and moving is by far the worst part. Preparing for another move now. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back