Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

No Masks....Would you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really the point is that the scared people want to force you to wear a mask. They need to understand that if they are afraid, they should stay away from maskless people. If there is any truth to the mask debacle, the maskers will survive and deaths will only happen in the maskless community.

I just read a study that showed a large percentage of people say they will still stay home as much as possible and still wear a mask in public all the time even after getting fully vaccinated, blows my mind.

I just read a study that showed a large percentage of people say they will still stay home as much as possible and still wear a mask in public all the time even after getting fully vaccinated, blows my mind.
I got yelled at the other day by someone in there car deiving past wearing a mask alone, for not wearing mine, I was standing outside a local business waiting for someone literally nobody within probably 25 ft of me. Mind blown as well.

there are several types of people when it comes to covid:

1. those that are healthy individuals that work hard to be healthy and are immunologically and metabolically very strong

2. unhealthy individuals that severely neglect their health and are very susceptible to covid basically at their own fault

3. unhealthy or older individuals with weak immune systems and metabolic dysfunction AT NO FAULT OF THEIR OWN and are extremely susceptible to covid

we got to think about that 3rd group in our decisions. but to me that also equally means not going to a restaurant if you're in the 3rd group as much as it means freely going to the restaurant if you're in the 1st group

at this point i struggle to have pity for group number 2
Is anyone in group 2 asking for your pity?

Really the point is that the scared people want to force you to wear a mask. They need to understand that if they are afraid, they should stay away from maskless people. If there is any truth to the mask debacle, the maskers will survive and deaths will only happen in the maskless community.
I know, I can't believe these idiots don't understand personal freedom. They're so scared and cowardly. If I want to get hammered and speed through a school zone I should be able to. Who are you to limit my freedoms? If you don't want to get hit then you should obviously just stay off the road. Stop limiting me with your cowardice.

What was the context? I will continue to wear a mask until restrictions are lifted even after I’m vaccinated, as it’s essentially a show of solidarity with those who haven’t been vaccinated and therefore creates the societal momentum of good behavior.

Yes, wearing a mask after you have been vaccinated and after mask mandates have been lifted is crazy.

I know, I can't believe these idiots don't understand personal freedom. They're so scared and cowardly. If I want to get hammered and speed through a school zone I should be able to. Who are you to limit my freedoms? If you don't want to get hit then you should obviously just stay off the road. Stop limiting me with your cowardice.

Please explain how a mask will save others when you wear it, but if you wear a mask it won’t protect you. If it won’t stop a virus from coming through your mask when you decide to wear it, what makes you think someone else wearing the mask doesn’t have that same virus escaping?

I’ve stood in lines 10 men strong to have my chance at single hole s*** houses all over summit county from September to March... no covid

I have received round one and round two doses. After receiving round two, I was told to still social distance and wear a mask because I might give off the wrong "impression." 😷

I'm not responsible for how someone else feels about COVID and whether or not I wear a mask. If you're scared, stay home. The rest of us have lives to live!

Please explain how a mask will save others when you wear it, but if you wear a mask it won’t protect you. If it won’t stop a virus from coming through your mask when you decide to wear it, what makes you think someone else wearing the mask doesn’t have that same virus escaping?
Nah I've had my fun. We're a year deep in this so if you have chosen to repeat an argument that wasn't valid last year there's no point in continuing this. You can go tell everyone you out-argued me with facts and logic now.

What was the context? I will continue to wear a mask until restrictions are lifted even after I’m vaccinated, as it’s essentially a show of solidarity with those who haven’t been vaccinated and therefore creates the societal momentum of good behavior.

Yes, wearing a mask after you have been vaccinated and after mask mandates have been lifted is crazy.

The context is a post-restriction return to 'normal'. If I'm vaccinated and not required to wear a mask in a building I certainly won't, but I also won't pander to people who choose to forever wear a mask in lieu of getting vaccinated (or both!). And the ones that do neither? Well...

Agreed on almost all counts. I will say this though, mask wearing is so not a big deal to me, that I may consider wearing one in certain situations, even after Covid is not an issue. For instance, I saved money and planned for two years to be able to go elk hunting in Wyoming, I'm getting on a crowded plane west... There's always some person hacking up a lung on the plane and I think in the future, I'd consider just wearing a mask for the flight to lessen the chance of getting sick and ruining a week that is really precious to me. Though I would miss that plastic cup of seltzer that is 80 percent ice, 20 percent seltzer...

Some businesses may require masks even after the mandates are lifted. Will be kinda like a "no shirt, no service" policy. They have no way of knowing who has been vaccinated and who has not. I hope folks will be respectful of the business owner's rights to require a mask. It's their property and if someone doesn't like it then go somewhere else.

Since I work on federal property, we'll be required to wear masks here until end of April at least whether I like it or not (I don't). Pisses me off when people act like I'm the one forcing them to wear it but I get in trouble if they are caught violating the rules under my supervision.

Nah I've had my fun. We're a year deep in this so if you have chosen to repeat an argument that wasn't valid last year there's no point in continuing this. You can go tell everyone you out-argued me with facts and logic now.
Where are you getting One-Way masks?

View attachment 178365

Knowledge of Aliens = Knowledge of virus, risks, and having the public milieu decide policy

MIB = Public health departments that are trying to do what’s best for the population as a whole, not the individual

We have been through a year of this...

Every member of my family and social circle has been vaccinated, I’m literally the only one who hasn’t, I’m not worried about getting or transmitting COVID to anyone I know.

I also am not going to play a part in the growing FMO and contribute to the collective spiking the ball at the 2 yard line that is going on.

Rates are still high, deaths are high, I’m not going to shame anyone for their choices but also I think about how much it would suck to lose a family member 1 month or less before they get vaccinated.

So no, I wouldn’t go, I wouldn’t go out of my way to make a political statement about stupidity.

If I lived in a small town with low rates and had been eating at a diner without a mask since last May, sure I would continue to do so... but I’m not going to make it a thing.

This rings true with me a bit too. Down here where I live now in south Florida I'm still pretty careful with the masks. We are moving to Maryville, TN in a few months and every time I've visited for looking at homes, etc. I have been much more relaxed. The case load just isn't the same and the density of people is completely different.

Nobody is forcing anyone to eat at these restaurants
Nahh it's the workers with no options that are being forced into these abhorrent situations. All this talk about the vulnerable should be the ones to stay home and we provide them with zero mechanism to do so. Selfish nihilism. Half a million dead and we are still whining about freedum.

I think the mask has run it’s course.
This is up there for least correct statement ever on this site.
To reiterate
🤦‍♂️
Mask mandates lifted here and cases continue to decline. I think we're close to herd immunity given (# cases) + (# cases with minimal symptoms so no diagnosis) + (# 10 days out from at least one dose of vaccine) + (# kids who don't easily contract or spread). As always with this time will tell.
No, we are nowhere near herd immunity, kids get this at the same rate as adults, just not as severe of illness, check some facts, not personal, bit we aren't there.
With you here. Probably got covid, got vaccinated, still wearing a mask in public, and full time at work.

To the original post, dropping mask mandates is political pandering. Mask wearing should never have been political. I can dig up the articles from pre-covid supporting mask use for preventing flu transmission, basically cutting transmission from casual interactions from 15-20% to 2-3%. That seems like a worthwhile endeavor to me given how easy putting on a mask is.

Before: remember phone wallet keys
Now: remember phone wallet keys mask

So easy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member