Caribou Gear Tarp

No Longer Available - LH Fajen Wood Stock Free

FREAK

Free fajen LH wood stock, I’m not sure what action it’s designed for but I’d guess someone on this site would know by the pics attached. Its been collecting dust in the garage for long enough. Would prefer a local pickup in the Bozeman area.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
IMG_8830.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:
I’m mostly certain this is for an older Savage with the magazine release button on the side of the stock. What is the center-to-center measurement for the action screws?

I’m mostly certain this is for an older Savage with the magazine release button on the side of the stock. What is the center-to-center measurement for the action screws?
I think that slot may be for trigger block safety (e.g. Timney). Seems to be in the wrong location for box release?

It's not for Mauser 98 or Springfield 03A3. Not a Win 70 as those have safety on bolt shroud. What rifle comes with barrel to receiver mounted recoil lug?

IMG_8881.jpegIMG_8879.jpeg
Center to center on the action is roughly 5 and 1/16”. The side hole is roughly 1-3/8” back from the front action hole (center to center).

Attachments

• IMG_8880.jpeg
    IMG_8880.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
Side hole is not for crossbolt. It opens into magazine. Must be for magazine release as suggested by Jbotto. Are there other rifles besides Savage with side release box magazine? I don't recall any. Not sure I've ever handled one of those Savages either.

Side hole is not for crossbolt. It opens into magazine. Must be for magazine release as suggested by Jbotto. Are there other rifles besides Savage with side release box magazine? I don't recall any. Not sure I've ever handled one of those Savages either.
I seem to remember seeing a few older bolt actions that may share the same style magazine release but can’t recall what they were.

I’ve had a bunch of savage stocks off rifles and I’m pretty sure that’s what it is made for and with those measurements, it should be a long action.

Back