NM Unit 51 Dec 3-7

aahrens_83

Hey yall

Was wondering if anyone is currently or has been in the last few days out in the Carson Nat'l Forest. Im curious is there is any snow up top. Or if it has dried a bit and water holes arent as numerous?

Im heading out there in a few days for the last muzzleloader season hunt. Really excited this will be my first elk hunt. I already have some spots picked out but would love any newer insight on where yall are seeing bulls and success stories from the unit.

Hey yall

Was wondering if anyone is currently or has been in the last few days out in the Carson Nat'l Forest. Im curious is there is any snow up top. Or if it has dried a bit and water holes arent as numerous?

Im heading out there in a few days for the last muzzleloader season hunt. Really excited this will be my first elk hunt. I already have some spots picked out but would love any newer insight on where yall are seeing bulls and success stories from the unit.

Ill be up there as well

Snow falling up there since last night & going all day. Just started down here.
Should be cold & clear after Tues. with snow again next Fri.
Good luck & good hunting.

I hunted near Canjilon a couple weeks ago for the second cow hunt and killed a cow elk. We camped near Cebolla in the Ponderosa forest where I think its a bit warmer than east of Canjilon or by Canjilon lakes. When I was down there I saw tracks and elk in the thick forest areas. Goodluck to you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back