NM Quarantine Question

jabber

I'm looking at flying into Albuquerque, renting a car and driving into southern Colorado to do a little scouting. I will be out of the state that same day, but do plan on spending a night in state before my flight back. A big warning comes up on Southwest's website about a quarantine. It appears NM has a 14 day self quarantine for all travelers from out of state. Does anyone have any experience with this in NM? How did you handle it? How does NM handle it?

I'll echo what Hank said. Fly in, and get out (same advice I give to all Texans to be honest, lol) and be nice. We do have a mask order in effect that is punishable by a fine, which some areas take more seriously than others. If you wear a mask and only stop if/when necessary, you'll be fine.

Here's a link to NM's current travel restrictions:

"High-risk states: Persons who have arrived in New Mexico from states with a 5% positivity rate or greater over a 7-day rolling average, or a positive test rate greater than 80 per 1 million residents, must physically separate from others in a residence or place of lodging for at least 14 days from the date of their entry into New Mexico or for the duration of their presence in the state, whichever is shorter."

You'll be physically separated from others in a vehicle for the duration of your presence in the state, so I doubt you'll have an issue and I'm not aware of any method by which they are enforcing these recommendations.

-Guy

I was in Red River for Labor Day. Majority the town was people from Tx and Ok (who weren’t quarantining) Talked to several police officers and Covid was never brought up. People were not wearing masks outdoors but most were indoors.

from having family in the area it sounds like small town law enforcement is not enforcing many of the covid restrictions/quarantine. I’m sure someone has an anecdote to the opposite but just relaying my experience and what I’ve been told.

Red river is always loaded with TX and OK plates, that is a cool little town.

I will be driving in from the east Saturday to self quarantine for 14 days with a bow in my hand

I have been driving into New Mexico daily, doing some work and returning back to Texas. I dont think anybody is really enforcing the quarantine rule.

It seems that no matter where (which state) you are in, if you are wearing a mask, all is well. Even though they are totally ineffective protecting you from anything, the thought is it protects others from you. SO if you are wearing a mask, people assume you are following all guidelines and protocols concerning any restrictions. I will be wearing a mask when I get out of my truck in NM on my way to Chama when I leave in three weeks.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back