MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

NM Mule Deer Unit 32 near Roswell Nov 10-14

Thanks for clearing it up, I have been curious about it. Rambouillet is a crazy looking sheep.

Just to update everyone on my NM 32 hunt: Hunted 3 days pretty hard both North and Southwest of Roswell and saw lots of sign, but only 3 does. Still enjoyed the scenery, hiking, and taking a half day to go see Carlsbad Caverns. I did find a bighorn ram skull that was an interesting find.View attachment 90343

I hope you enjoyed the hunt. I passed up 3 bucks the first day since they were still with mom lol. I was not about to go home early. Tagging a deer is not the main reason for me to hunt. I enjoy being out with friends and family. I did get some meat however on my last day which was the 4th day of the hunt. He was a small 3x3. My dad hunted all 5 days and also tagged a decent 3x3. However when he went to retrieve it he jumped two big bucks which were bedded. He never saw them until he almost walked right past them. Oh well they will be there next year. Have a good one.

I loved it and will put in for the same mule deer tag next year. I can't believe the number of antelope around there, it looked like some prime private land antelope hunting. Congrats on the successful harvest!

I had that tag a few years ago and it was a beat down for me. Saw WAY more hunters than deer (like 100+ hunters and maybe a couple dozen doe deer). I hunted the Salt Creek Wilderness on the Pecos, down in some area Southwest of Roswell that everyone says is the place to hunt (and there were TONS of people hunting!), and then an area due west of Roswell on the western edge of the unit.

I didn't ever see a legal buck. I wouldn't hunt that area southwest of Roswell just because the sheer number of people that were hunting it. It was amazing the density of folks and I even got a couple miles from the road (which was hard to do there are roads everywhere in there) and still had hunters walking by within 100' yards of me.

The Salt Creek Wilderness was interesting but the deer density was pretty low. I found a few sheds there though so there are bucks around.

If I hunted it again I would probably try to spend some more time due west and a little northwest of Roswell. The hunting pressure wasn't as high as to the southwest and there were still some deer around. All I saw were does but if I had spent more time over there I might could have turned up a buck.

I would advise going into it expecting to see tons of people and few deer and possibly no bucks. I ended up just hunting the weekend and going home because I wasn't interested in finding and killing the only forky left alive in the unit.

Weather could be anything that time of year.

Good luck.
I appreciate this info. I put in for this unit, and if I draw, I'm going to need all the help I can get!

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wyohandscold
Back