Yeti GOBOX Collection

NM Gilla Elk

jvanderlinde

So after a few years of researching my father and I decided to apply for a nm elk license. Neither of us have elk hunted/applied for a license. I dont know alot about the unit. I tried calling the bio but haven't had a return call yet. I have maps and so on but that can only get you so far. So im looking for a brain to pick. Any Gilla guys out there? Its a 21a tag

pm me if youd like
thanks jeff

What is your previous hunting experience? Any mobility issues for you or your father?

I am a supporter of doing a hunt on your own though there is a significant learning curve to hunting elk, hunting the west, and gear needed for a western type hunt. The pair of binos that performs fine in the wooded zones of MN may not be your best option for glassing big country with heat waves blurring past 100 yards. Spotting scopes come in handy out west, etc. You might consider a guide for this first hunt and then next time take on an elk hunt on your own.

On the road but have hunted and spent a lot of time in the unit. On the road right now but will tell you more later. Physically demanding unit that can be very tough to hunt. The big bulls are really remote and the unit has been on the decline for years. Pray for rain.
-Cody

No mobility issues here. Im a DIY or die type of guy, I hunt 5-6 states a year, 30-40 days a year in the field, i got the gear. just looking for a little info. Thanks for the reply

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back