NM cow elk meat hunt

WVTXn

I'm seriously considering a cow elk meat hunt in the near future, provided I could obtain a tag. Yep, NR. Anyone know the difference between an "Agent" (pg 33 NM R&I BG&T 2023-2024) and a licensed outfitter? I'm NOT looking to backpack after my dream bull. Mission objective is to fill freezer with elk meat and to do so in a time efficient manner if possible. Any particulars or entities to avoid? Would I be better off in another state? PMs welcomed!

Thx.

Assuming you are non-resident and know you can't get a cow elk tag in the NM draw, I'd be looking at CO. Otherwise it will be landowner tags, maybe they aren't ridiculously priced like bull tags. If price is no object look at Vermejo Park. :)

Assuming you are non-resident and know you can't get a cow elk tag in the NM draw, I'd be looking at CO. Otherwise it will be landowner tags, maybe they aren't ridiculously priced like bull tags. If price is no object look at Vermejo Park.
Many thanks for the info!
(Doubting vermejo is an option)

Last edited:
I'm seriously considering a cow elk meat hunt in the near future, provided I could obtain a tag. Yep, NR. Anyone know the difference between an "Agent" (pg 33 NM R&I BG&T 2023-2024) and a licensed outfitter? I'm NOT looking to backpack after my dream bull. Mission objective is to fill freezer with elk meat and to do so in a time efficient manner if possible. Any particulars or entities to avoid? Would I be better off in another state? PMs welcomed!

Thx.
U can find cow tags anywhere from. 1000 to couple thousand. The higher end being guided

You may be able to cow elk hunt on some of the reservations for cheaper

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back