Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Nikon Prostaff on a 300 win mag question

Last I heard Nikon was still offering a limited warranty on recently purchased scopes before the stopped making them but it sounded like a hassle. Lots of decent upgrades out there if it is a bad scope.
I had one go bad in 2019 that was on a .308. They honored the warranty by cutting me a check to put towards a different brand scope.

Buddy of mine has a Nikon Prostaff mounted on a 300 win mag but not able to consistently sight it in. I am under the impression this is too much gun for that scope. Am I incorrect? I don't want to tell him to replace it without knowing I'm correct but don't have any experience with that particular scope. Thoughts??
There is considerable recoil on a .300 Win Mag. I would recommend going with bit more scope for that power range of a rifle. I have some Athlon Optics if you are interested.

I had one go bad in 2019 that was on a .308. They honored the warranty by cutting me a check to put towards a different brand scope.
I also had a new one go south in August 2019 when I was in Africa. They fixed it before Montana hunting season opened. No problems since. It's mounted on 30-06.

Savage rings are junk by all accounts. Tell him to get some steel ones. And a steel rail.

I used Nikon scopes exclusively until switching to Leupold after Nikon stopped production. I called Nikon about any future warranty claims and was told that the lifetime warranty would still be honored on all scopes. I’ve got s .300 Win TC Encore barrel and have had no issues with the Prostaff 4X12 holding zero. Nikon made was some very good optics in my opinion. I’m guessing your friend’s issues are either the mounts or his shooting.
I've had a few Nikon scopes in the past. I have always thought that they were some of the best scopes for the money.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back