Yeti GOBOX Collection

Nikon or Pentax?

JohnSWA

Senior Thread Mover
Another Bino Question!

Nikon is having an awesome rebate offer on their action series binocs and I need a pair for this season. The Pentax series look pretty nice also.

I'm looking at the 10x50s. The Nikon rebate lasts until Dec.31. $40 rebate. Most prices I've found are around $149. The Pentax is around $129 and no rebate. Is one better than the other?

Thanks for your help!

John

I've never used Pentax binos, but I did buy a pair of Nikons last year that I have been extremely happy with.
biggrin.gif

I've never used Nikon, but I did buy a pair of Pentax last year that I've been very happy with.
biggrin.gif
Try 'em both in the store and see which ones fit you better, focus best and easiest, are lighter, etc.

John, I've owned and used both kinds.. at the top end, the Nikon have the slight edge.. at the lower (less exspenive) end, they are about the same for light transmission and brightness. I think the Nikon will focus a little better on both ends.. ..

cool.gif

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 10-31-2003 11:21: Message edited by: danr55 ]</font>

Thanks guys! I picked up the Nikons. I'm hoping to see a nice rack with these babies. (On a Deer too!) LOL!!!
biggrin.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back