‘Nightmare’ elk hunt turns heads on the levee

How do we actually feel about the suggestion (in the story) that the mere act of shooting elk that were "trapped" on an island is not ethical? The story seems to spend more time on that portion--that it's not fair chase to kill elk that are in the middle of an island--and less on the issue of shooting an animal that you can't retrieve. For me, the inability to retrieve always means you don't take a shot. But I'm curious what others think about the ethics of shooting the elk where they were, assuming you had a retrieval plan in place.
The elk were able to get to the island, they can get off. I wouldn’t consider them trapped. I don’t see this as an unethical as stupid. If they had a game plan for retrieval I might give a pass to the spot. It’s still Wyoming where everyone wants to eat elk.

cf20fa0a09fea566df8b8f8f0dacf002.jpg
That picture’s about as tasteless as the crowns of conquered kings strapped to the ski rack of an all black Corollan horse.

For anyone who's ever driven across the wilson bridge, it's hard to come up with nice things to say about the 'sotas in this story.

My Wife used to complain about never seeing a moose. She saw her first one in the wild as we were driving across the wilson bridge on our honeymoon.

Sensitivity to public perspective. If we hunters as a minority don't recognize that, then shame on us.
Why would you want to flaunt something with obvious potential to exacerbate the anti-hunting attitude?

Attitude reminds me of the nimrods who shoot an animal then "proudly" drive around with the carcass on the hood. Why do that?
1633036446493.png

It's actually the law in MA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back